Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

SilkyPix

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Jestertheclown

Quote: Oh and it`s the least intuitive software I have ever used

Yep!

I've never tried PHOTIVO.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jan 2012 - 9:01 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ronyzmbow
ronyzmbow  2 Denmark
25 Aug 2013 - 6:34 AM

According to my experience - nothing can beat the Capture One 7 Express!

MichaelMelb_AU
25 Aug 2013 - 9:27 AM

Silkypix gets poor responses about everywhere I read about it. Fair enough, its interface is not extremely intuitive and performance is slow to say the best. But otherwise it is a fine instrument with some features not found conventionally in other image processing programs. Like direct ability to regulate demozaicing sharpness and very fine ( although painfully slow) noise cancelling algorithm. This program is not a must if one needs only to browse through images and do a quick tweak. Too many free and paid programs do it quicker. It is needed if there is a need to take the most from this particular RAW image of this particular camera. For example, I have Fujifilm Finepix HS30. It's RAW is not read directly in Lighroom 3 that I use and needs to be converted to DNG first with a free converter supplied by Adobe. But even with that the previews generated by converter and incorporated into DNG are plain weird and diapason of adjustments is not what I am used to with Canon files, even in JPG format. With a dedicated Silkypix version supplied with the camera I can do what I wish with exposure, contrast, lights and darks, noise and sharpening before exporting the image as TIFF and incorporating it into my Lightroom image library. And the results I get are definitely not achievable with any other software I have:

Here is worth reminding that this particular image was taken with small sensor superzoom.
And the best part of it - Silkypix in this instance came for "free". One thing that still keeps me uncomfortable - camera dedicated version does not see other cameras images, even ifrom cameras of the same manufacturer. But as they say "do not look a gift horse in the mouth"Smile

Last Modified By MichaelMelb_AU at 25 Aug 2013 - 9:29 AM
CP140
CP140  1 Canada
4 Sep 2013 - 6:50 AM

I can't say that I've been all that impressed with Silkypix either... there's a reason it's "free" with the camera. Do your self a favour and pick up a copy of Lightroom or PS Elements.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014406 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
4 Sep 2013 - 6:54 AM

Another vote for Lightroom.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.