Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

silver efex pro

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9462 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jan 2013 - 2:40 PM

I am running Windows7 and am having problems installing Silver Efex Pro. Is any one else having this problem@ does anyone know the solution?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Jan 2013 - 2:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AnneWorner
    AnneWorner e2 Member 6602 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States41 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jan 2013 - 3:05 PM

Danny, I run Silver on Win7, but it works well for me. The folks at NIK are very helpful btw, in case you don't get an answer to your problem here.

Daffy1
    Daffy1  6332 forum posts Ireland
    3 Jan 2013 - 4:02 PM

No problems at present but I did have one awhile ago with Lightroom4.0 (I think) it wouldn't open as a plug in. Sorted with the lastest Lightroom. Damian

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92967 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jan 2013 - 4:23 PM

No problem with LR 4 & Win 7 and all works well with Win 8

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jan 2013 - 4:57 PM

ok here too danny... you didn't get the Mac version by accident?

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111878 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Jan 2013 - 6:18 PM

what sort or problems/errors are you experiencing?

danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9462 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Jan 2013 - 7:32 PM

It appears to install it, I then select the Mono conversion I like say..high structure.but then it does not add the layer or any processing at all.

User_Removed
    5 Jan 2013 - 4:21 PM

Are you accessing it from Lightroom of CS?

In CS it does not behave the same way as ColorEfexPro4 does. ColorEfexPro automatically opens as a new layer in CS whereas SilverEfexPro works on whichever layer you are currently open in. (I think).

I rarely use SEP2 in CS, prefering to use it from within Lightroom 4. Conversely I almost always use CEP4 from within CS6.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 63723 forum postsNick_w vcard England98 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jan 2013 - 4:56 PM

Is it on a laptop? I have the same problem on - Dell Inspiron 1542, it's something to do with the graphics card (or lack of) couldn't find a way round it, sorrySad (works a dream on the PC)

I always use CS5 to runSilver EFEX, and open as smart object Wink

Last Modified By Nick_w at 5 Jan 2013 - 4:58 PM
    danbrann
    6 Jan 2013 - 1:58 PM

Thank you everyone. Nick it is a Pc and I am no nearer to an answer. I have my guru working on it at the moment. I will let you all know what transpires.

MrDennis
    MrDennis  5220 forum posts Wales
    24 Jan 2013 - 1:08 AM

You might need to put the serial number in via photoshop when you open Silver Efex Pro in it..

Phil_Restan
    24 Jan 2013 - 7:41 AM

Quote: Are you accessing it from Lightroom of CS?

In CS it does not behave the same way as ColorEfexPro4 does. ColorEfexPro automatically opens as a new layer in CS whereas SilverEfexPro works on whichever layer you are currently open in. (I think).

I rarely use SEP2 in CS, prefering to use it from within Lightroom 4. Conversely I almost always use CEP4 from within CS6.

Mine always opens a new layer from ps, I'm on win 8 and cs5 and sep 1

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.