Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Silver Efex Pro 2

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lemontart
lemontart  154 forum posts United Kingdom
22 Mar 2013 - 5:05 PM

well the reply was quick from nik here it is

Thank you for contacting Nik Software.

At this time we do not have any plans to resume the distribution of hard copies. All forms of delivery are digital and require internet access to download but not to install. You can download the software to a computer with internet access then transfer the install file to removable media (disc, external hard drive, USB drive).

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department toll free at 1-888-284-4085 (+1-404- 978-9258 outside of the US). Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm PST.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Mar 2013 - 5:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Dave_Canon
22 Mar 2013 - 7:54 PM

I would not worry too much about not having a CD/DVD. I do choose this option where available (e.g. Adobe) but for Topaz, it is download only. I always save downloads and back them up on one or more other disks computers so have never had a problem. Topaz has, so far, issued all upgrades free to existing licence holders. Recently when changing my computer I found that software from several CD's would not install on Windows 7 but went to the relevant web site and downloaded a W7 compatible version and still activated with the original licence number. Clearly having the CD/DVD does not always help anyway.

Dave

sdb
sdb  6108 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 - 5:58 PM

Get the full Nik Collection by Google, now just $149

Looks very tempting!

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92971 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2013 - 6:22 PM

Interesting also in that Google made NIK an offer they couldn't refuse.

widtink
widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2013 - 6:23 PM

Looks great sdb thanks just better ask the wife first Smile

CaptivePhotons
CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111515 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2013 - 8:07 PM

For an extra 15% off enter the code 'abh' in the appropriate box Wink

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
25 Mar 2013 - 8:12 PM

Quote: Get the full Nik Collection by Google, now just $149

Looks very tempting!

even more tempting if you are an existing Nik user - Google have just sent us e-mails offering the entire suite for free.

I suspect that it means that a major upgrade is imminent.

lemontart
lemontart  154 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 - 8:45 PM

Brilliant - does anyone know if uk banks make charges if buying in usd as defo getting this

widtink
widtink  2406 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2013 - 10:24 PM

No extra charge just bought it well chuffed Smile thanks again to sdb and captive photons

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2013 - 10:31 PM

I bought Nik colour effex last year & have just had the email giving me all the other programmes for free. Very nice Smile

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
26 Mar 2013 - 9:08 AM

Quote: I bought Nik colour effex last year & have just had the email giving me all the other programmes for free. Very nice Smile

In fact, Whipspeed, the links in that e-mail seem to give unlimited free downloads of the entire suite - so you could forward it to your friends after downloading your own copies. Looks like a real "goodwill gesture" by Google. Refreshing change from the money-grabbing antics of some others.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96216 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2013 - 9:24 AM

Quote: Looks like a real "goodwill gesture" by Google. Refreshing change from the money-grabbing antics of some others.

But what is coming next from Google ?

There must be a sting in the tail !

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2013 - 11:31 AM

Quote: In fact, Whipspeed, the links in that e-mail seem to give unlimited free downloads of the entire suite - so you could forward it to your friends after downloading your own copies.

I'll be your friend Smile

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95989 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2013 - 11:38 AM

Quote: In fact, Whipspeed, the links in that e-mail seem to give unlimited free downloads of the entire suite - so you could forward it to your friends after downloading your own copies.

I'll be your friend Smile

Ha I was thinking much the same - I fancy trying out the Vivenza Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2013 - 11:51 AM

Quote: But what is coming next from Google ?

There must be a sting in the tail !

Not necessarily Jeff - I seem to remember Apple dropping the price of Aperture not long back. Google are clearly of the opinion (and big enough to survive if they are wrong), that if you cut the price you will make more money in sales from more people.

I certainly didn't see any reason to buy it before as it seemed expensive for things that I would only use every now & then. But now it is so cheap I might as well buy it on the off-chance Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.