Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Simple wedding photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    john jones
    john jones  10
    26 Aug 2003 - 2:34 PM

I've been charged with taking the pictures at a friends wedding next weekend, not too bothered as they aren't expecting miracles and I told them I was not a pro and not to expect much however, could do with some simple tips for the day. (I have seen some of the other wedding topics)
    I will be using a nikon F60 and F80, one with colour, one B/W, thinking 100 rating for both, but have 400 for evening/indoors/gloomy weather.
    I want to use fill-in, with both in-built and cheap flash with lowish guide no. If I use the slow synch mode and stop down will that be a similar effect to filling in.
    or
    Should I just meter, using the cameras internal meter, then put on manual mode and set the apperture down 1 or 2 stops and set the shutter for 1/15 1/30?
    Any tips gladly appreciated
    I intend to use the carpet-bomb approach and take loads in the hope that a couple will come out.
    I don't think they are too fussed about all the trad. group shots and would rather it was all over and done with ASAP

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Aug 2003 - 2:34 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sean
    sean  11169 forum posts
    26 Aug 2003 - 3:19 PM

I also recently took some photographs at friends wedding. A mixture of traditional posed shots, and some informal ones.

My top tips ;

1. Plan in advance what photo's you want to get. e.g. Bride on her own, Signing the registry, B&G with parents, etc.

2. I used Fuji Reala 100 with fill in flash for most pictures. The fill in flash really helps on bright days to reduce shadows on peoples faces, and on dull days helps to lift the colour.

3. Use a tripod for posed shots. It makes everyone realise who and where the photo's are being taken, as well as avoiding camera shake at low shutter speeds.

4. A few traditional posed shots will go down well after the event. If you are prepared, they don't take long to do.

5. Check out the church/venue beforehand to decide where are good places to take pictures in terms of lighting and background.

6. I wouldn't rely on a carpet bomb technique. I found my best pictures where the ones which were a bit more managed.

Good Luck!

john jones
    john jones  10
    26 Aug 2003 - 3:31 PM

cheers!

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139390 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Aug 2003 - 3:44 PM

The articles HERE and HERE may help!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.