Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sincere apology to all those that I have cause any offence unintentionally.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: Thats enough of that
    TonyCoridan
    16 Mar 2013 - 10:02 PM

Dear Fellow Artists/Photographers,

Please, accept my sincere apology to all those who I have caused any offence unintentionally.

Kind regards,

Tony

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Mar 2013 - 10:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014829 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Mar 2013 - 10:10 PM

That isn't necessary Tony, we're all adults on here, well, there are some children, but, you know what I mean.Wink

Coast
    Coast Critique Team 61175 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom292 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Mar 2013 - 10:18 PM

Crack on Tony. If you have a question, comment or opinion you want to make then do it. It's as valuable as anyone else's. There are "Trolls" on most forums who like to goad and cause offence even to the point of cowardly cyber bullying by constantly trying to undermine an individual.

Keep on asking whatever you want. Best way to learn and shape your own views off the majority on here who'll aim to give good advice or share their view/opinion. Ignore the small minority who have nothing constructive or intelligent to add.

TonyCoridan
    16 Mar 2013 - 10:24 PM

Quote: Crack on Tony. If you have a question, comment or opinion you want to make then do it. It's as valuable as anyone else's. There are "Trolls" on most forums who like to goad and cause offence even to the point of cowardly cyber bullying by constantly trying to undermine an individual.

Keep on asking whatever you want. Best way to learn and shape your own views off the majority on here who'll aim to give good advice or share their view/opinion. Ignore the small minority who have nothing constructive or intelligent to add.

Thank you,

Tony

TonyCoridan
    16 Mar 2013 - 10:44 PM

screen-shot-2013-03-16-at-22-39-50-copy.jpg

keith selmes
    16 Mar 2013 - 10:49 PM

Don't worry about it. "Crack on Tony" is right.

I took a look at the portfolio earlier. It looks mildly odd with so many isolated heads, but several are caught at an expressive moment, I see them caught in mid thought. Almost as though collecting data for a psychology experiment. From an artistic point of view, individually, I find them interesting, but wonder briefly "what's that about", but put a group together and there could be something more building there. Exploring moods and expressions, and in some cases interaction with others. some of the pictures don't seem to work like that, and it's mainly the younger women that do, but if you can catch those moments, no reason why it should be any particular age group or gender, but it's most likely people with expressive faces and not those with wooden features. There were some comments earlier I think about including more of the surroundings, that might pay of, but it's your work not anyone else's.

I'd better stop before I get posted in pseuds corner (!)

TonyCoridan
    16 Mar 2013 - 10:54 PM

Quote: Don't worry about it. "Crack on Tony" is right.

I took a look at the portfolio earlier. It looks mildly odd with so many isolated heads, but several are caught at an expressive moment, I see them caught in mid thought. Almost as though collecting data for a psychology experiment. From an artistic point of view, individually, I find them interesting, but wonder briefly "what's that about", but put a group together and there could be something more building there. Exploring moods and expressions, and in some cases interaction with others. some of the pictures don't seem to work like that, and it's mainly the younger women that do, but if you can catch those moments, no reason why it should be any particular age group or gender, but it's most likely people with expressive faces and not those with wooden features. There were some comments earlier I think about including more of the surroundings, that might pay of, but it's your work not anyone else's.

I'd better stop before I get posted in pseuds corner (!)

I'm taking Ian Crowson advice and deleting all my photos: he seems to think that 'not too good to say the least'; It's taking me long as I have to delete one by one!

I'll remove all my garbage off EPZ soon.

Thank you,

Tony

keith selmes
    16 Mar 2013 - 11:02 PM

Well, the item posted at 10:44 doesn't qualify as cracking on, you don't scratch an open wound, you put a band aid on and keep going. Good luck anyway. I did wonder about so many questions in so many threads, but they turned out useful and refreshing in some cases, and no problem for most people. If nobody starts a thread, nothing much happens.
    I'm not sure where or how you've caused offence.

TonyCoridan
    16 Mar 2013 - 11:07 PM

Quote: Well, the item posted at 10:44 doesn't qualify as cracking on, you don't scratch an open wound, you put a band aid on and keep going. Good luck anyway. I did wonder about so many questions in so many threads, but they turned out useful and refreshing in some cases, and no problem for most people. If nobody starts a thread, nothing much happens.
    I'm not sure where or how you've caused offence.

Only Ian Crowson from the Critique Team can answer the question my friend, if I may call you that!

Regards,

Tony

Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Mar 2013 - 9:10 AM

Why do you feel the need to delete your images on the say so of someone else Tony? Personally I would leave them on - only then do you (and others) see how you have progressed and improved over time. Photography (for me anyway) is a journey.

I saw some of the street portraits you had done, and thought them quite good - we all have to start somewhere, and i think deleting your images is perhaps the wrong thing to do right now.

studioline
    17 Mar 2013 - 9:19 AM

You win some, you lose some. I have put loads of effort into photographs which have just appeared poor to other people. It hurts when people say so but I think that is the sign of a true artist. The issue is to listen carefully to all the comments and then decide if the advice is valid. You may have to ask other people in order to identify valid advice as sometimes, you may not be able to see it yourself. Ephotozine has an area for that on the critique forum. I personally do not posto n the critique forum as I love the votes! I find that on ephotozine, the advice is valid and no one tells you to paint the roads again because they are not pink enough.

TonyCoridan
    17 Mar 2013 - 9:40 AM

Quote: You win some, you lose some. I have put loads of effort into photographs which have just appeared poor to other people. It hurts when people say so but I think that is the sign of a true artist. The issue is to listen carefully to all the comments and then decide if the advice is valid. You may have to ask other people in order to identify valid advice as sometimes, you may not be able to see it yourself. Ephotozine has an area for that on the critique forum. I personally do not posto n the critique forum as I love the votes! I find that on ephotozine, the advice is valid and no one tells you to paint the roads again because they are not pink enough.

I think there are some good people here that's why I join as a paid member.

But there also people who are more subjective than objective when assessing/reviewing a photo. I don't mind other member being subjective but I wouldn't expect the critique team member to be subjective.

Criticism should be based on the technique and photographic principles etc.

That's why I started threads on: how to review; what are the rules/principles etc

And even started a street photography thread; discussed the ethics and legality etc

So, I'm trying.

The team probably got upset about something else that I don't know of...

Who are the critique members, who appoint them, what is their qualification; if it only based on personal choice and views and in comparison of their own woks. Then, I'm a bit concern about the criticism I get from them.

Others can be subjective I don't mind.

I accept objective and constructive criticism with open arms and mind.Smile

Regards,

Tony

iancrowson
    iancrowson e2 Member 4211 forum postsiancrowson vcard United Kingdom129 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Mar 2013 - 9:56 AM

http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/why-do-you-take-photos--102218/p-3

• «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: Thats enough of that