Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Singing my own praises a bit here, but what the hell...

Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
2 Jun 2006 1:14AM
Well the last 24hrs has been a little strange for me and now I'm allowed to tell people what has happened....I thought I'd share it with you all....
It all started yesterday with a phone call from the BBC saying I'd won a competition for their recent Springwatch series they're currently running. Wow, was my reaction to that, the shot was shown on local television last night, but I wasn't allowed to say anything until this morning. The reason being that I'd been invited to go into the local radio station, BBC Bristol to talk about the shot this morning. Well I've just gotten back, and what fun I've had, and what an experience. But more than anything it has been a real lift for me, because my health hasn't really been very good lately.....Either physically or mentally.

Ok, it might seem something of nothing to most folks here, but as it was only the 2nd competition I've ever entered, other than EPZ's own, I really am feeling so good about it and what's happened. Yes I've won a few prizes and have been invited to attend the BBC's Springwatch Festival Of Nature event in Bristol tomorrow, which I think will be interesting. But as I said, it has given me such a boost, I just wanted to share the experience with you all. If you want to see the shot on BBC's website it's HERE .....Or you can find it in my p/f somewhere.

Like I said it's singing my own praises a little, but as you might imagine I currently have a smile as wide as a Cheshire Cat.
Thanks for listening.....Ade

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StuartAt e2
10 1.0k 6 England
2 Jun 2006 1:17AM
Let me be the first to say congratulations to you then. Well done!

Stuart
Will e2
13 1.8k United Kingdom
2 Jun 2006 1:18AM
Nice work Ade, congrats.
martinw e2
9 251 England
2 Jun 2006 1:19AM
Great stuff, well done.
Martin
AlistairF e2
9 322
2 Jun 2006 1:19AM
Well done you, the picture looks great
Miles Herbert e2
12 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2006 1:20AM
You've always had a smile as big as a Cheshire Cat Ade, but honestly, well done, it's a good photo and you deserve to be wandering round looking like a northern cat.
IanA e2
11 3.0k 12 England
2 Jun 2006 1:23AM
Well done Ade. That's a fair judge to have impressed!

Now all I want is for that grin to last a few days. See you Monday!

Wink)
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
2 Jun 2006 1:26AM
Cheers guys, it means a lot to me, as some of you well know, right just get meself ready and then get out and see if I can't nail a few more while the weathers good Smile

Ade
Terry L e2
11 580 5 England
2 Jun 2006 1:27AM
Well done Ade, nothing wrong with blowing your own trumpet, enjoy the moment.

Regards
Terry.
Doclassie e2
9 1.1k England
2 Jun 2006 1:28AM
Ade, thats fantastic news and very well deserved! Just wish I'd had the radio on so I could've heard your interview!

A well timed boost by the sounds of it. All the best fella. Maybe when I finally get out of this gloomy studio we'll have to arrange a bug hunt sometime!
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2006 1:31AM
Well done Ade - a good result and well deserved too.

Chris
conrad e2
10 10.9k 116
2 Jun 2006 1:34AM
Good job, Ade - congrats!

Conrad
tj e2
11 2.0k England
2 Jun 2006 1:38AM
Great stuff! Well done Ade Grin
2 Jun 2006 1:41AM
Well done Ade - given your recent problems, you deserve it !

Your not blowing your own trumpet - your making the rest of us feel good for you...

Awra best,

Andy.
debster e2
10 693 3 England
2 Jun 2006 1:43AM
Congratulations Ade - very well deserved!

Debbie

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.