Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Single page parallax website

iancrowson e2
4 211 129 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2013 12:01PM
After seeing Simon Marlow's superb single page portfolio parallax (scrolling) website in this forum I thought I would have a go myself.
This scrolling page is intended to redirect people to various sites I have for different areas of my life.
What you see is the first edition. I intend to improve on the smoothness of the scrolling
I would welcome suggestions or reports of any thing not working too well.
I realize mine is a rather pale copy of Simons

Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
26 Sep 2013 12:28PM
Link?
iancrowson e2
4 211 129 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2013 9:45PM
I'll start again

After seeing Simon Marlow's superb single page portfolio parallax (scrolling) website in this forum I thought I would have a go myself.
This scrolling page is intended to redirect people to various sites I have for different areas of my life.
What you see is the first edition. I intend to improve on the smoothness of the scrolling
I would welcome suggestions or reports of any thing not working too well.
I realize mine is a rather pale copy of Simon
www.iancrowson.co.uk

Ian
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
27 Sep 2013 9:53AM
I'm sort lost as to what the advantage is having this sort of site that redirects people to your other sites. I say sort of because I also sort of see a use! I have a page set up on AboutMe which I guess does the same kind of thing. I don't however every use the page in terms of directing people there.
27 Sep 2013 10:00AM
The Parallax part of Simon's site refers to the way the backgrounds move at a different speed then the page giving a 3rd dimension effect.

Single page websites are quite good for short-n-sweet websites ideal for portfolios with the single call to action to get in touch.

Feedback: I would get rid of the scrollbars for each of your 'pages'. Then I would use something like jquery to create a sliding scroll effect when the user clicks on your navigation.
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
27 Sep 2013 10:14AM

Quote:The Parallax part of Simon's site refers to the way the backgrounds move at a different speed then the page giving a 3rd dimension effect.

Ah, thanks David. Not come across this before.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2013 10:21AM

Quote:The Parallax part of Simon's site refers to the way the backgrounds move at a different speed then the page giving a 3rd dimension effect.

I don't see any such effect in FF.
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
27 Sep 2013 8:23PM
Nor in Safari - it goes up, it comes down and that's it.
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
28 Sep 2013 8:20AM
Same in Firefox
iancrowson e2
4 211 129 United Kingdom
28 Sep 2013 12:38PM
Thanks for the feedback. It seems to be working ok in various browsers.
I realise mine doesn't do what Simon's does ....yet.!
I'm going on to stage two, the parallax part next. It took me a bit of an effort to write the html for what I've done. Simon kindly helped me out with the bit to make it work ok on iPad.
It's correct, I don't really need this site but I'm using it for learning and I have the domain name any way,
Ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.