Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Site's slowing down again

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Westers
Westers  93905 forum posts Burkina Faso1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Dec 2006 - 8:05 PM

Half a dozen times today/tonight the site has been painfully slow (varies between 30 seconds and a couple of minutes to load a page).

Noticed it in the gallery, trying to get to my PF and adding forum replies.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Dec 2006 - 8:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

geoffash26
geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Dec 2006 - 8:07 PM

Similar problem here but it is up and down
Geoff

User_Removed
6 Dec 2006 - 8:19 PM

Its been all over the place for the last few days, particularly when updating Forum posts and comments on images. Transitions between pages/images have been better but text entering appears to be the issue my end...

Westers
6 Dec 2006 - 8:31 PM

It's been well behaved since I posted, but it's definately stuttering every now and again.

Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
6 Dec 2006 - 8:46 PM

It's because of all of these people being told to bugger off and do a search - it's straining the system.
;o)

User_Removed
6 Dec 2006 - 9:15 PM

ROTFLMAO @ Boyd!!!!

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87253 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
6 Dec 2006 - 9:23 PM

Quote: It's because of all of these people being told to bugger off and do a search - it's straining the system.

Perhaps its sulking!!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214378 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Dec 2006 - 10:43 PM

I`ve found this happening for weeks now seems to slow down to a crawl at 5/6 pm then picks up again later in the evening.

Paul

Nigel_95
Nigel_95 e2 Member 8259 forum postsNigel_95 vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Dec 2006 - 10:49 PM

It took around a minute to register a comment on a pic at around 8pm for me. It has been intermittantly slow for at least a week.

Nigel

PatrickSmith
6 Dec 2006 - 10:51 PM

LOL -
Ian, this topic has come up before.... YAWN...
Search the forum!

Patrick
(couldn't resist)

Okay fine, it has been happening to me today too.

cameracat
cameracat  108574 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
6 Dec 2006 - 11:34 PM

Same problem here in East Anglia and on broadband too, feels more like dial up, But only on EPZ all my other ports of call work fine.

Did wonder if it had anything to do with Internet Explorer 7, as I upgraded to that a couple of weeks ago, but reluctant to reverse update, as all else is A O K and version 7 has some nice new bits and better security.

Wonder what the Big boss makes of it?

Vince

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214378 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
6 Dec 2006 - 11:37 PM

Funny you should say that, I upgraded a few weeks ago as well. seems some what slower come to think of it.

Paul

Nigel_95
Nigel_95 e2 Member 8259 forum postsNigel_95 vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
6 Dec 2006 - 11:44 PM

Vince and Paul, I'm on Mozilla Firefox, so it is not an IE issue.

Nigel

randomrubble
6 Dec 2006 - 11:47 PM

epz runs slow from time to time, has done since waaay back, think of it as part of the quirky charm of the site.

Westers
7 Dec 2006 - 12:01 AM

LMAO @ Patrick & Boyd.

But I've been good for a while now - not told anyone to do a flippin search...there's plenty of other people ready to take my place and do that.

;o)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.