Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Site slow?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014125 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
29 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

Well no wonder they are having problems - servers have feelings too you know!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108374 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
29 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

Quote: It only seems to really struggle at around 9:00pm.

I noticed that quite a while ago Pete.
I wonder why 9:00pm?
I wonder if it's something to do with the USA?

Nigel_95
Nigel_95 e2 Member 8260 forum postsNigel_95 vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
29 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

It wasn't just around 9pm, It was struggling for at least half an hour before I started the thread at 8:10pm .

Nigel

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91899 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
29 May 2007 - 10:46 PM

Quote: It wasn't just around 9pm, It was struggling for at least half an hour before I started the thread at 8:10pm
Same for me between 8.00pm - 9.00pm.
Not to worry though it will soon be sorted - we have only had this problem for 7 weeks Wink

Edit- 12 seconds to upload this comment.

Last Modified By bricurtis at 29 May 2007 - 10:49 PM
bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91899 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
29 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

15 seconds to upload Edit.

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108374 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
29 May 2007 - 11:28 PM

I know there is work going on behind the scenes to try and rectify the problem, but I don't get to see what Pete and the team do.
I can only report on what I am told.
Believe me that it is top priority to get to the bottom of it ASAP.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

I thought YOU are an IT whizzo Doug!

Can't you sort it out?

Hee hee! ;-D

dougv
29 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

I sent new batteries for the servers!
Smile

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
30 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

Quote: I sent new batteries for the servers!

A six gun battery? Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96278 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jun 2007 - 10:42 PM

Quote: Site Slow ?

Not tonight.

Is it a coincidence or have the guys been doing even more tweaks today ?
I downloaded a new upgrade version of my Web Browser .. Camino 1.5 .. and the site is working even quicker tonight Smile

dougv
5 Jun 2007 - 11:36 PM

Quote: Is it a coincidence or have the guys been doing even more tweaks today ?

They tweak all day every day!
Smile

JYBluesman
6 Jun 2007 - 1:54 PM

Hi, I very much like Ephotozine and am considering joining as a full member but I am concerned about the speed as it seems to get slower each week. I have quite a fast PC and broadband service and I enjoyed browsing the site and looking at everyones photo's but it takes so long now I am tending not to bother so much. Is there any improvement in the pipeline?.
Thanks Jeff

Charlesms
Charlesms  855 forum posts England
6 Jun 2007 - 5:11 PM

I have a macbook that can be booted up into windows or OSX (not intended to start the Mac vs PC debate again) the site has a noticably slower response in windows - same hardware, memory, internet connection the only difference is the OS/web browser. Perhaps if the tech guys read this it will help.

Last Modified By Charlesms at 6 Jun 2007 - 5:15 PM
MeanGreeny
7 Jun 2007 - 12:36 PM

I don't think it's just 9pm either. When everyone jumps on at lunchtime there is a significant speed drop in all sorts of site activities. Page speeds on a thread go to 40+ seconds no matter what browser [complete with recommended tweaking] I use.

Frankly, it's unusable and I don't care how many people say "You're wrong, it was OK for me at lunchtime".

Please can we have a "There are X members and Y guests online at the moment" on the Home Page so that I can go elsewhere when the total is above a certain number like, say, eleven ?

Sorry to sound so jaded but the differences in site performance between popular and not-so-popular times are so profound at this end that I wonder why people sound so surprised when we mention it.

Whatever.

dougv
7 Jun 2007 - 1:59 PM

There is already a Members on Line page that gives you that information.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.