Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Site slow to load

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tigerminx
tigerminx  10237 forum posts South Africa
1 Aug 2006 - 4:19 PM

Thanks Pete, done all I could from this side. Tried different ISP's, swapped ADSL modems etc etc, but still the same behaviour. I have spoken to other SA members and they have the same problem (different ISP's), so I am assuming it's an international bandwidth issue between SA and the UK?

Not all images load in either of the gallery's (fav photographer as well), and certain images will only open on the 6th or 8th attempt. 1 out of 5 comments will actually be posted, and 3 in 5 images will open from the gallery, the rest just time out?

If you have any ideas, please assist.

Bruce.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Aug 2006 - 4:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2006 - 4:22 PM

Sorry to here that Bruce. I'll pass it over to Tom and Will to see if they can come up with anything.

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
1 Aug 2006 - 4:22 PM

Have you been able to try different computer's Bruce?
Do you use IE or Tomcat?

Mattw

tigerminx
1 Aug 2006 - 4:29 PM

Much appreciated.

Matt, I've tried hundreds, I've used Firefox, IE5, IE6, IE7 beta2 and beta3, I've tried the MAC Safari browser and still the same timeouts occur. I've tried machines running Windows 98, 2000, 2003, XP Home and XP Pro, and the same thing occurs.

I work in the IT industry, so I have access to various network ifrastructures, PC's etc. I work for a local ISP, so I've brought up the issue with the support guys, and they cannot assist as well. The problem seemed to occur after the EPZ servers were relocated, but no-one else seems to be having the problem, so I just perserverd (sp).

Thanks again.
Bruce.

tomcupr
tomcupr  8346 forum posts
2 Aug 2006 - 10:02 AM

We are aware that SA members have been experiencing problems. I tried to cooperate with one member to resolve this issue - I requested all sorts of details like ISP, tracert output, their location but they didn't get back to me. If you want to help me with this, email me please and I will do everything I can...

tigerminx
2 Aug 2006 - 11:06 AM

No problem Tom, you can contact me via e-mail (you can get it from my profile) and I'll assist in anyway I can. Send me all the details you need.

Bruce.

tomcupr
tomcupr  8346 forum posts
2 Aug 2006 - 11:09 AM

emailing you now...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.