Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Site Speed

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 91069 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2007 - 8:32 PM

As one who was not backward in criticising the new site for its lack of speed, I have to say that, for me at least, since everything crashed, the site has been the fastest it's ever been.

The biggest stumbling block was always 'Favourites' but this is now fine. Well done guys, whatever you did after the crash it's worked wonders.

Malcolm

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Sep 2007 - 8:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2007 - 8:34 PM

thanks Malcolm, praise indeed. Smile
The guys have been working hard on optimisation and I think we now have it running better than it's ever run.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2007 - 8:35 PM

Universe was created after big bang...Wink

User_Removed
17 Sep 2007 - 8:39 PM

( Crawler... ) Wink

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2007 - 9:03 PM

Well, it just crashed Safari 3.0.3....

Although it is generally running noticeably faster than a tortoise in a treacle factory.... Wink

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
17 Sep 2007 - 9:37 PM

It is a lot faster but not much more than if you were on dial up.

Compared to other sites it is really slow.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2007 - 9:45 PM

Quote: Compared to other sites it is really slow

That's weird? works super fast for me now? I'll have a word with the guys tomorrow to see if they can explain why that may be.

Anyone else still finding the site slow?

Also, not wanting to turn this into a negative feeling thread after Malcolm kindly kicked it off on a positive note, but I've had a report this evening that says several e2 members are upset at the changes and find the site not as good. It would be good to know why..and how what you want us to do to improve it.

andytvcams
17 Sep 2007 - 9:54 PM

Thanks Pete.

One thing i would like to know is that last week i bought a wide screen monitor now when i visit other sites they fill the screen yet here on Epz i have a two inch gap each side of the main menu ?

Kris_Dutson
17 Sep 2007 - 10:27 PM

It's optimised for mere mortals like me who don't have widescreen monitors Andy, otherwise we'd have to scroll left and right as well as up and down. Wink

And it's super fast here too Pete.

skeletor
skeletor  101643 forum posts England
17 Sep 2007 - 10:32 PM

Quote: One thing i would like to know is that last week i bought a wide screen monitor now when i visit other sites they fill the screen yet here on Epz i have a two inch gap each side of the main menu ?

Yep, Almost half the screen is dead space...All that advertising space going to waste Wink

Steve

Pete
17 Sep 2007 - 10:34 PM

Quote: they fill the screen yet here on Epz i have a two inch gap each side of the main menu ?

It's not good to have the page expand as the whole design goes to pot and the text becomes too long to read easily. Unless the site has other tricks to fill the space?

andytvcams
17 Sep 2007 - 10:37 PM

Quote: Yep, Almost half the screen is dead space...All that advertising space going to waste

That or bigger thumbnails Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2007 - 10:44 PM

Quote: One thing i would like to know is that last week i bought a wide screen monitor now when i visit other sites they fill the screen yet here on Epz i have a two inch gap each side of the main menu ?

I asked this very question back in April 2005

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72504 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
17 Sep 2007 - 10:45 PM

If it fills the screen (East-West) doesn't that mean that it'd look like a TV in a showroom...everyone with oval heads...
Or, more North-South scrolling required to get up and down the page..?

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
17 Sep 2007 - 10:52 PM

No Kevin.
All that happens is that the page is made wider and the text will fill out the screen.
The photos are a fixed size and would not expand.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.