Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Site suggestion: E2 photographers allowed to submit two picture versions.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    rletham
    rletham  10890 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Apr 2005 - 5:22 AM

I have noticed that sometimes when you upload a 1000px picture, the 500px version that goes up is not up to the standard you would like. It would be nice if we had the ability to upload a 500px version as well as the 1000px version rather than just having it resized by the site.

For comparison. This is the photo I uploaded today. In the mods I've uploaded a 500px version that I think does the photo more justice than the auto-resized version on the front page. If you copy and paste them both into one image in photoshop, you can see the difference by turning the top layer on and off. Ignore the second sepia version, I uploaded that one by mistake.

Any chance of letting us upload a big and a small version guys?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Apr 2005 - 5:22 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

randomrubble
    26 Apr 2005 - 5:31 AM

Seems like a good Idea, but I'm not sure how much I for one would use it. Just a thought, does having an even number of pixels in the image help?

Hey, and maybe for those who really have too much time on their hands we could have the option to upload our own thumbnails...

Boyd
    Boyd  1111213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2005 - 5:35 AM

I always open the large version (doesn't everyone?) and I often find it's a pleasant surprise to see the difference between that and the smaller one.
    Don't take away one of the few joys I've got left ;o)

u08mcb
    u08mcb  105817 forum posts
    26 Apr 2005 - 5:38 AM

You're asking for the privilege to double your workload? No thanks Wink

rletham
    rletham  10890 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Apr 2005 - 5:39 AM

My normal viewing practice is to scan the thumbnails for pictures that might be of interest to me. Then I open the picture. If i don't immediately get a feeling from the pic, I close it and move on. It means that sometimes a good picture might be overlooked because of this. I did this with a picture today. I looked at the 500px version and was a bit disappointed. I was about to close when I thought better of it and opened the big version. I'm glad I did because I thought the 500 did not do the photo justice.

conrad
    conrad  1010877 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2005 - 5:42 AM

Funny, same thing happened to me today. But Ian has a point...

Conrad

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2005 - 5:49 AM

This has been suggested before but we decided against for now.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96341 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2005 - 5:53 AM

Problem with opening larger version of 'portrait' format pictures is that they are too tall to fit on my screen and have to scroll down to view the missing bit.
    Therefore don't normally bother any more !

Boyd
    Boyd  1111213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2005 - 5:58 AM

Are you being serious?

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023184 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Apr 2005 - 6:05 AM

I suspect so

AdrianTurner
    26 Apr 2005 - 6:11 AM

Have to agree with Rab on this, brought the subject up myself in December and still feel the same. As for the extra workload, resize > sharpen > save as, isn't exactly taxing, is it!

Adrian.

u08mcb
    26 Apr 2005 - 6:26 AM

if you're considering 1 picture of course not, if you're considering 100, yes it is.

AdrianTurner
    26 Apr 2005 - 6:32 AM

Don't know about you Malcolm, but I'm only allowed 1 upload a day and of late I'm lucky if I upload 1 a week :0(

Adrian.

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1210396 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Apr 2005 - 12:13 PM

Sounds like hard work Smile

u08mcb
    28 Apr 2005 - 8:19 AM

Are you telling me that you take 1 photo when you're out and prepare 1 photo? I do it in bulk.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.