Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Size restriction at olympics

lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
27 Jun 2012 3:25PM
I just think I will use my Micro 4/3rds - might even buy he lens that goes up to 600mm equivelant.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
27 Jun 2012 3:27PM

Quote:I'm surprised it took so long for a Bash the Olympics thread - or did I miss it?

I think you missed at least 2 that I remember....
simont 10 2.2k 4 England
27 Jun 2012 3:49PM
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
27 Jun 2012 4:00PM

Quote:If I had paid £xx for a ticket, the last thing I want is some bloke with a 300mm wafting the damn thing over my shoulder. It would soon fit inside a 30cm measure.
Wink

I thought a 300mm lens was 30cm or have I forgotten all my "maffs"?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
27 Jun 2012 4:01PM

Quote:I thought a 300mm lens was 30cm or have I forgotten all my "maffs"?

No, but you are confusing focal length with physical length. Smile
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
29 Jun 2012 10:27AM

Quote:No, but you are confusing focal length with physical length. Smile

Apologies, I misunderstood.

Frank
strawman 11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
29 Jun 2012 10:35AM
I went to Wimbledon last year and the guy a couple of seats along from me had a large SLR and lens plus monopod in public seat and it was fairly obvious he upsetting those around him with the noise and disturbance of him moving around. Plus to be honest if you are concentrating on taking photo's are you not missing the spectacle around you? After 15min there was a bit of a heated discussion with a fierce looking lady of elderly years who gave him a tear off about being selfish and all was peaceful, camera went away.

So it sounds sensible to limit the type of gear.
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
29 Jun 2012 10:41AM
I stood waiting for the Olypic torch relay to arrive the other day, we were all waiting patientily in our chosen spots trying carefully not to get in each others way then along comes a heavy breathing, sweaty man with compact and barges his way through hitting the man in front of me on the head with it (several times and not even saying sorry!), he kept trying to push me further into the road and kept getting in front of the man behind me (who was much taller than me and could see over me so it worked well. One person spoilt it for so many.

I managed to get to see the relay a second time and again everyone was waiting patiently in their spots then the torch appears and a couple of selfish photographers seem to come from no one and stand right in front of everyone!
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
29 Jun 2012 11:27AM

Quote:a couple of selfish photographers seem to come from no one and stand right in front of everyone!

I have a feeling that that will happen here when we get to witness its passing.
Personally, I'd rather miss it altogether but my ten-year-old daughter wants to see it, so I shall probably have to attend anyway, although I'm not sure that I'll bother with a camera.
One thing that I have noticed though, with the 'torch' shots uploaded to here, is that they all seem to have been taken from the roadside. I may have missed something but I can't recall seeing one taken from an upstairs window or a rooftop?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
29 Jun 2012 11:31AM

Quote:but I can't recall seeing one taken from an upstairs window or a rooftop?

Woolybill1 posted a good one from an upstairs viewpoint
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
29 Jun 2012 11:33AM
Thanks Pete.
I figured somebody must have done.
kaybee 10 3.9k 24 Scotland
29 Jun 2012 1:05PM
A swift kick behind the knees at the right moment will give a clear view

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.