Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Size restriction at olympics

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 3:25 PM

I just think I will use my Micro 4/3rds - might even buy he lens that goes up to 600mm equivelant.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jun 2012 - 3:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 3:27 PM

Quote: I'm surprised it took so long for a Bash the Olympics thread - or did I miss it?

I think you missed at least 2 that I remember....

simont
simont  102248 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 3:49 PM

You'll be needing the Lumix - the official camera of the London 2012 Olympic Games Smile

Last Modified By simont at 27 Jun 2012 - 3:50 PM
Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 4:00 PM

Quote: If I had paid £xx for a ticket, the last thing I want is some bloke with a 300mm wafting the damn thing over my shoulder. It would soon fit inside a 30cm measure.
Wink

I thought a 300mm lens was 30cm or have I forgotten all my "maffs"?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 4:01 PM

Quote: I thought a 300mm lens was 30cm or have I forgotten all my "maffs"?

No, but you are confusing focal length with physical length. Smile

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2012 - 10:27 AM

Quote: No, but you are confusing focal length with physical length. Smile

Apologies, I misunderstood.

Frank

strawman
strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2012 - 10:35 AM

I went to Wimbledon last year and the guy a couple of seats along from me had a large SLR and lens plus monopod in public seat and it was fairly obvious he upsetting those around him with the noise and disturbance of him moving around. Plus to be honest if you are concentrating on taking photo's are you not missing the spectacle around you? After 15min there was a bit of a heated discussion with a fierce looking lady of elderly years who gave him a tear off about being selfish and all was peaceful, camera went away.

So it sounds sensible to limit the type of gear.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2012 - 10:41 AM

I stood waiting for the Olypic torch relay to arrive the other day, we were all waiting patientily in our chosen spots trying carefully not to get in each others way then along comes a heavy breathing, sweaty man with compact and barges his way through hitting the man in front of me on the head with it (several times and not even saying sorry!), he kept trying to push me further into the road and kept getting in front of the man behind me (who was much taller than me and could see over me so it worked well. One person spoilt it for so many.

I managed to get to see the relay a second time and again everyone was waiting patiently in their spots then the torch appears and a couple of selfish photographers seem to come from no one and stand right in front of everyone!

Jestertheclown
29 Jun 2012 - 11:27 AM

Quote: a couple of selfish photographers seem to come from no one and stand right in front of everyone!

I have a feeling that that will happen here when we get to witness its passing.
Personally, I'd rather miss it altogether but my ten-year-old daughter wants to see it, so I shall probably have to attend anyway, although I'm not sure that I'll bother with a camera.
One thing that I have noticed though, with the 'torch' shots uploaded to here, is that they all seem to have been taken from the roadside. I may have missed something but I can't recall seeing one taken from an upstairs window or a rooftop?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2012 - 11:31 AM

Quote: but I can't recall seeing one taken from an upstairs window or a rooftop?

Woolybill1 posted a good one from an upstairs viewpoint

Jestertheclown
29 Jun 2012 - 11:33 AM

Thanks Pete.
I figured somebody must have done.

kaybee
kaybee  103880 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jun 2012 - 1:05 PM

A swift kick behind the knees at the right moment will give a clear view

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.