Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Skye meet - October this year _Facebook link included...

Goggz e2
7 2.3k 72 Wales
6 Oct 2011 10:37PM

Quote:As mattwaggie isn't coming anymore, surely there should be place for both goggz and tooth? Jim?
I'm OK Cole - got a place all week Smile

WFZ??? That's a bummer... Sad Was looking forward to seeing ya Matt! I've got a nice ESP equipped Audi now so there's no chance of drivi.., no, I better not tempt fate...

I'm leaving sometime Friday night - probably late knowing me and my organisational skills so getting there about 11 hours later, not counting stops for a pee, stops for a snooze, stops to shout at the satnav (Audi satnav is the pits... grrr)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
7 Oct 2011 12:25AM

Quote:Quote: As mattwaggie isn't coming anymore, surely there should be place for both goggz and tooth? Jim?

I've booked the B+B so I'll keep to that for now but if it turns out there's a place in a cottage I might snap it up..see when I get there..

One and a half more sleeps..
Goggz e2
7 2.3k 72 Wales
7 Oct 2011 10:08PM
Setting off now... CYA all t'morrer Grin
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
7 Oct 2011 10:40PM
Nos Da....
psiman e2
11 551 Wales
8 Oct 2011 8:38AM

Quote:Setting off now... CYA all t'morrer
You barmy beggar, an 11 hour overnight drive from one little island to another after a full day and a camera club meeting! Have a good one, Skye's one of my favourite places, wish I was there! If you don't know already, you can get a really good meal at reasonable prices (especially compared to the Three Chimneys) at the Old Schoolhouse in Dunvegan Smile
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
15 Oct 2011 12:23AM
Well I'm finally back home, had a brilliant time, an amazing spot and great company. Sincere thanks to jamie for making it possible, and I really do hope you turn it annual. Safe trip home y'all..

Stephen
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
15 Oct 2011 2:32PM
My goodness, Stephen, you left on Wednesday! Epic!
Weather yesterday was bad, not much better this morning either.
I am in Inverness Airport now, though another 3 hours till departure.
Good to see all the new faces I have known for ages in EPZ.
Thanks to Katy, Goggz, BigCol and Stephen for the lifts.
Thanks to Jamie for organising it.
jimthistle73 e2
10 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2011 5:24PM
Well thanks to all of you for coming along! When I left on Wednesday, it was shaping up to be be a lovely sunny day - anyone get any decent sunset shots that night?
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2011 10:49PM
Saw Coenraad to the airport this afternoon and enjoyed an evening with MrsMad and Mr Talisker (just a wee dram). Looking forward to using my new Lightroom knowledge to process my images of Skye (thanks Pete).

A cracking meet, good company and a very able host.

See you around.
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
16 Oct 2011 12:11PM
Hope yes all got home OK.

is any of you having problems viewing the EPZ meet page with the pics on? or is it just me (the link's on page 2 of this thread). I'll put in a report but thought I'd ask first

Stephen
h4rsx e2
4 17 5 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2011 1:20PM
Likewise back home now after a 8.5hr drive and some 450 miles later, but it was worth it. Thanks to everyone who contributed in making it a memorable week and it was nice to meet you all, and thanks again to Jamie to organising it in the 1st place, it's a shame you had to leave early, maybe we'll get that ride in next time Wink

Good to see you again Ian and Robbie and thanks for the delicious meal you served up on Thursday, You to Pete, and thanks again for the lifts, much appreciated mate. Stephen, shame you had to cut your stay short, or late in your opinion Smile, it was nice meeting you and hearing your endless jokes, I'm already looking forward to the Ireland meet Smile

Hope you got home safely Meredith, nice to meet you and enjoyed your company on the outings, you too Katy and thanks for dinner earlier in the week. Conrad, it was good of you to come so far for a meet, it's nice to see that EPZ attracts members worldwide for meets and it was a pleasure to meet you, you also Colin, lookforward to seeing your shots, even though we didn't see much of each other, it sounds like you had a good week.

Harsharn
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
16 Oct 2011 2:30PM
Stephen, I don't think meeting page is working properly.
If you upload a photo to the gallery and link it to the meeting, it doesn't appear in the meeting page.
If you upload a photo in the meeting page, it doesn't appear in the gallery.
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
16 Oct 2011 6:47PM

Quote:Stephen, I don't think meeting page is working properly.
If you upload a photo to the gallery and link it to the meeting, it doesn't appear in the meeting page.
If you upload a photo in the meeting page, it doesn't appear in the gallery.

Something definitely screwed up

We cannot access our New Forest meet or link uploaded images either Sad Sad
Goggz e2
7 2.3k 72 Wales
16 Oct 2011 7:14PM

Quote:We cannot access our New Forest meet

What's wrong with driving there? Wink

Anyyyway...

Hi all, thankfully I slept for 10 hours last night after arriving back home @ 9.40pm... sheesh. Passed through the lakes too late for a sunset at Buttermere Sad was snoozing in Tebay when Harsharn txtd to say he was at Pooley Br. "for the best light he had all week")

Thanks again Jamie for organising it. Shame you had to leave early. Thanks everyone for a very, very good time and thanks Colin & Katy for putting up with my company on Friday night. I had a great time!
Thanks Tooth for the jokes and the company! Shame you had to go bud.
Thanks to Linda from Kelpie Crafts for the free painting of Neist Point Lighthouse after I tried to (unsuccessfully) fix her tractor.
Thanks for the thanks Cole! SmileWink

Thanks respectively to Katy, Robbie & Cole for the chicken curry, free mussels in delicious sauce and chicken curry with special burnt rice... different! Wink

Thanks to my wife for letting me go, thanks to Audi for their rubbish satnav which doesn't show lighthouses, only similar-looking headlands... special thanks to Continental for their superb tyres which kept us on the road on those infrequent occasions the road went a different way to that which I was going...

Thanks to Graham & Carol for showing us the sheeps skull (would never have noticed that!).
THanks (NOT) to the unknown person who had removed it the following day Sad
Thanks to Harsharn for locking the car!! A 25 minute run over rough terrain to do it and not a hair out of place on his return! Wink
THanks to John West for making such handy snacks.
THanks to Meredith for showing me that book about Sledge.
THanks to the little green caterpillar for providing the foreground interest in a shot of a flower barrel I took.

Thanks to the weather for dishing up some good stuff, including that shot of the Old Man of Storr Grin Oh, and not to forget my manager - thanks! Is that everything covered?????

NO it isn't!

Special thanks to Jean (the Co-op, Portree) for the cardboard, clingfilm and marker pen to make a temporary number plate and a BIG thanks to Ian & Robbie for finding my real number plate the next day!! Smile Yay - it's back on now with more double-sided tape than a nuclear sub... Grin

Finally, very special thanks to the bloke in the shop who pointed out the public loo in Broadford just in time! Phew!!!
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
16 Oct 2011 9:36PM
Aren the Oscars on early?? Wink Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.