Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Slaughter House Raided

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LVanDhal
LVanDhal  1126 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Feb 2013 - 10:51 PM

Quote: I have to completely agree here and if this helps the consumer in Britain find their local butcher then its a great thing - BUY BRITISH or take a lucky dip

I think some of you will have heart attacks if you visited my local butcher Smile

You don't live in Royston Vasey do you paul !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Feb 2013 - 10:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41208 forum posts United Kingdom198 Constructive Critique Points
13 Feb 2013 - 10:53 PM

What's wrong with kebab meat? It's more likely the copious amount of alcohol consumed beforehand that does the damage.

LVanDhal
LVanDhal  1126 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Feb 2013 - 10:56 PM

Quote: What's wrong with kebab meat? It's more likely the copious amount of alcohol consumed beforehand that does the damage.

you've not heard the latest news perhaps sooty? uk slaughter house raided by police and closed down, horse carcasses and kebab meat where a feature -allegedly.

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
13 Feb 2013 - 11:30 PM

Quote: Four years working at the bottom of the ladder.....

LVanDhal - excellent piece which, if true, only serves to reinforce my own long-held suspicions about supermarkets. Yes, it can be argued they offer a viable service that gives folk a huge range of choice, but that's all part of the big sell imo. Does the bewildering level of 'choice' enable covert manipulation of prices, one wonders? Psychological pressure's a constant presence from the moment a consumer sets foot in a supermarket. Then there's the often contemptuous indifference of managers giving the impression their time is more important than yours, glorified shelf-stackers that they be. Then there's the loud clatter of trays being dropped from waist height by the under-stackers that I can't help thinking they do on purpose to give the impression that hard work's going on on your behalf. Drop your goods tray and become a man of action!

Ok, now you've got your trolley full of 'bargains', time to bond with the check out operative who greets you like a long lost friend. Yet if you engage them in conversation, they're all too ready to start criticising the firm.

Me: "I expect you'll get a big discount on your shopping here?"
Checkout: "You must be joking...more like hard labour.....would you like any cash back?"
Me: "Are you giving it away?
Checkout: "You must be joking!"
Me: "I was joking"
Checkout: "Well, let's skip the jokes coz they time how long it takes to deal with each customer"
Me: "Have you heard the one about the......."
Checkout: "Good-bye.......next customer please!"

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014859 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Feb 2013 - 11:57 PM

Checkout: Would you like that in a bag sir?
Me: Of course, do you think I bring my own?
Checkout: Well, you know, the environment and all....
Me: I don't give a s**t about the environment, I'll only be using it for a few more years, at most.
Wife: Wait for me in the *&#@(* car!!!
Me: Yes dear.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 13 Feb 2013 - 11:58 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.