Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Slide film processing

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    photoworks
    photoworks  12317 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Feb 2010 - 6:30 AM

Do you guys know a respectable professional photo lab that still process slide films, included 4x5 inches slide film. I am thinking mail to photographic lab,since i am located in glasgow and no labs do slide processing anymore over here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Feb 2010 - 6:30 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Briwooly
    Briwooly  8452 forum posts England5 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Feb 2010 - 6:49 AM

Found these

Brian............................................

photoworks
    19 Feb 2010 - 8:28 AM

thanks.

timbo
    timbo  12591 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Feb 2010 - 10:02 AM

If you're in Glasgow surely Loxley do it, i haven't heard that they'd stopped. I know they don't process 5x4 neg anymore but last i heard they were still doing e6.

photoworks
    19 Feb 2010 - 11:25 AM

loxley has stopped doing E6 a few month ago, got a disagreeable surprise in may when i went there with my films.

mlewis
    mlewis  91476 forum posts United Kingdom
    19 Feb 2010 - 12:34 PM

Peak Imaging will develop 5x4 and smaller slide films. I have always had a good service from them when getting stuff developed or printed.

Consulo
    Consulo  10768 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Feb 2010 - 1:24 PM

Another vote here for Peak imaging - very good indeed.

User_Removed
    19 Feb 2010 - 1:39 PM

Another for Peak...

filmforever
    21 Feb 2010 - 3:06 PM

I can also recommend Peak Imaging. The only qualm I have about slide processing generally is..it's getting more and more expensive!...Have you tried the new Kodak "Ektar" neg. film?....at 100asa in all formats? It's superb!....and also much cheaper...(you can process it yourself)
    Since I tried it, I've not bought any more transparency film...It scans well too.

Professional
    12 Apr 2010 - 10:21 AM

If you accept to send overseas then we have one lab in my small country can process film even 8x10, i shocked when i knew about them, so now i am very happy if i will buy a LF in the future, they processed my 120 film perfectly, couldn't be happier, they even can print and scan with their drum scanners if i want, they are experienced in their work, KODAK lab in my area for film, they are the best and all other studios or companies send any film or sheets to them for processing and developing

thewilliam
    12 Apr 2010 - 11:18 AM

If film gets sent overseas for processing, isn't there a danger that Customs will want to open the outgoing package for "inspection"?

Unlike 35mm sheet film doesn't live in light-tight cartridges and many people seem incapable of reading the cautionary notice on the box.

I once came across an auditor/stock checker, in the public sector of course, who insisted on opening all the unsealed sheet-film boxes so he could count the remaining sheets!

Last Modified By thewilliam at 12 Apr 2010 - 11:21 AM
    Professional
    12 Apr 2010 - 1:14 PM

Damn
    I hope if in the future when i will order sheets to use it in my country from overseas it will not face those problems.
    I hate this life when it is not going easier.

landandlight
    12 Apr 2010 - 10:21 PM

Metro in London are expensive but the best in the UK

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.