Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Slide Storage Album

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Tony_M
    Tony_M  10342 forum posts England
    4 Jan 2005 - 2:27 PM

I've recently acquired some Kenro 35mm slide storage pages for 4-hole binders, which I prefer compared to keeping slides in the little boxes I get back from Fuji. However the pages are too wide for a standard A4 folder, and I'm not keen on Kenro's own plasticky folder.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a good sized 4-hole folder for my growing collection? Most 4-hole binders I've seen are only thick enough to hold about 15 pages complete with slides (and are still too small to protect the page edges).

Thanks,
    Tony

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jan 2005 - 2:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sillyconguru
    4 Jan 2005 - 2:36 PM

Jessops do a luxury type binder, I can't remember the stock number but it is padded with a cloth interior and available in a few different colours (with a black spine). Dunno if you'll get more than 15 pages in it though.

ellis rowell
    4 Jan 2005 - 2:45 PM

It might be possible to use a lever arch file, these are usually of much greater capacity than A4 ringbooks. Other than that, box files or Jessops do a slide box which has 10 slide magazines in it. That is 500 slides or if you are not using the magazines for projecting, it may be possible to get two slides in each slot, thus 1000 slides.

randomrubble
    4 Jan 2005 - 3:01 PM

I use the same system, and I use brown kraft boxes from Muji, theyre just wide enough to fit the sheets, take a fair few, and look quite smart. I then just print a numbered label for the front, and stick it on with spray mount.

EDIT, a fair few runs to 28 sheets. the boxes are not on the website, I think you would need to visit a store.

c_evans99
    c_evans99  117013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jan 2005 - 3:09 PM

I use Kenro's own binders - the deeper type holds 20 sheets, and doesn't seem at all plasticky... they cost a boy more tho Smile

Ceri

Tony_M
    Tony_M  10342 forum posts England
    4 Jan 2005 - 3:47 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I'll look out for Kenro's deeper binder - I've only seen a thin version so far.

I'll check out my nearest Muji store too, as I do like some of their other products.

Tony

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.