Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

slides to jpegs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tunna72
    tunna72  1 United Kingdom
    30 Nov 2012 - 5:56 PM

can anyone put me on to a way of making all my old slides into jpegs
    my printer is a hp deskjet f380

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Nov 2012 - 5:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45761 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Nov 2012 - 6:17 PM

You will need either a dedicated slide scanner (about 250 and up) or a flatbed with a slide attachment (from 80 and up). The PlusTek are a good value option for dedicated scanners with Epson probably the best flatbeds.

How much you spend will depend on how many you have, the condition of the slides and their quality (were they taken with Leicas or box Brownie for example).

User_Removed
    30 Nov 2012 - 6:24 PM

Why can't he use the scanner in his Deskjet f380? Seems you need to use a manual mode

paulcookphotography

Depending on how many slides you have (and how many of them you want to scan), you may also want to consider using a reputable lab to scan them for you. If you dont shoot on neg and/or slide these days and are just archiving what you have in boxes, you may find that a new-bought dedicated scanner could end up gathering dust after a while

justin c
    justin c  104504 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Nov 2012 - 7:04 PM

You can photograph them if you own a macro lens or any lens with a decent close-focus capability.

User_Removed
    30 Nov 2012 - 7:48 PM

Something like thgis might be an quick and inexpensive solution:

http://www.srb-griturn.com/slide-copier-1575-p.asp

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45761 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Nov 2012 - 11:35 PM

Quote: Why can't he use the scanner in his Deskjet f380? Seems you need to use a manual mode

Whoops! I did not realise it had a slide scanner attachment....

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214383 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Dec 2012 - 12:14 AM

Dedicated 35mm scanners can be picked up quite cheaply these days, I find the Plusteks just fine.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plustek-7400-Optic-Film-Scanner/dp/B002DUAQYA/ref=sr_1_7...

Quote: You can photograph them if you own a macro lens or any lens with a decent close-focus capability

Even better if you have access to a spare flat screen, stick a white screen on it, lay it flat, an instant light box.

tunna72
    tunna72  1 United Kingdom
    1 Dec 2012 - 9:13 AM

tx guys for all your comments will have a look and see what suits me.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.