Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Slideshow for a Mac?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Daisy_intheMill
    1 Jul 2010 - 10:19 AM

Can anyone recommend a good slideshow producing software suitable for a Mac? I've recently moved over from PC to Mac and am looking into slideshow options. idvd really doesn't produce the quality of images I want after being burnt to DVD. I've tried iMovies but apart from a 'quicktime' playing show I can't again get a reasonable quality image on a DVD playing on TV. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Jude

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Jul 2010 - 10:19 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    1 Jul 2010 - 10:26 AM

Adobe Lightroom has a slide show module that allows the slideshow to be exported either as a pdf or as a movie.

Daisy_intheMill
    1 Jul 2010 - 10:37 AM

Thanks Eric.Any idea about the quality - I know Tv monitors carry less detail than a Mac screen but idvd results are worse than the normal Tv picture.

mad-dogs
    mad-dogs  122201 forum posts England
    1 Jul 2010 - 10:48 AM

Soundslides - very good for audio visual shows.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jul 2010 - 11:00 AM

Quote: I've recently moved over from PC to Mac

Oh! Dear that might limit your choices...Sad

One of the best slideshow programs around is " ProShow Gold " but I have no idea if it will run on the Mac OS.

I guess you could run " virtual " Windows, If it does not, Though thats a lot of grief just to produce a slideshow that works....!!!

Another option is " Roxio " They produce a programe called Roxio Creator 2010, Its a complete suite of programes dedicated to all things DVD/CD etcetc.

I know for sure they do a Mac OS version....Smile Whatever, The program also contains a slideshow production section, Its nothing like as comprehensive as ProShow Gold, But it does a reasonable job and the image quality is very good ( well it is on a machine running Windows OS ). Also has a video section for creating a more custom slideshow.

Or as Eric has suggested Lightroom 3......Smile Again excellent on the Windows OS, Might be the same for the Mac OS.

Or there is Adobes " Encore " this is fab, But has a slightly steep learning curve, Though I'm not sure if its available as a stand alone anymore, It is usually included in the big Adobe Creative suites.....Smile

Last Modified By cameracat at 1 Jul 2010 - 11:01 AM
    Daisy_intheMill
    1 Jul 2010 - 11:07 AM

Gosh, a lot of options and help there! Thanks mad-dog and cameracat for the advice. I'll look into them. Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.