Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

slideshow Software

User_Removed 11 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2013 6:12PM
That's interesting, how much does it cost to join and as a member what music can you use for your slideshows?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 Plus
11 10.7k 12 United Kingdom
5 Feb 2013 6:23PM
Chris, click on the "Join" header in the link I put up earlier and it gives you all the details on cost. There are also the details on what the license permits and doesn't, better you read that than I try to remember and mis-inform you Smile
5 Feb 2013 8:13PM

Quote:It was the copyright licenses I joined for but I find the magazine has the odd bit and piece that's interesting as well

£37.50 a year!

Cut your losses and buy a lifetime licence from PRS MCPS for £15?

The Limited Manufacture Licence is quick, affordable and grants you ‘blanket’ permission to legally use any music in your own CDs, DVDs or videos (and other formats) – that’s any music, from any genre, by any artist including the big names; from Elvis and The Beatles to Lily Allen and Duffy.
brian1208 Plus
5 Feb 2013 9:57PM

Quote:Cut your losses and buy a lifetime licence from PRS MCPS for £15?

What's one of them Chris, do you have a link?
5 Feb 2013 10:02PM
Performing Rights Society site on this page
adrian_w Plus
7 3.5k 4 Scotland
6 Feb 2013 10:02AM
Does that cover the playback of videos/dvds/Av shows etc in public access areas such as church halls, or Council owned venues?
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
6 Feb 2013 10:45AM

Quote:Does that cover the playback of videos/dvds/Av shows etc in public access areas such as church halls, or Council owned venues?

Basically there are a number of different licences involved.

The one Chris mentions allows you you use recorded music in an AV or video for non-commercial purposes - but not to play it in public.

If you play your AV sequence to an audience in a church hall, council property, sports club or whatever, then the owners of the venue also need their own licence. Even a hairdresser's shop playing the radio for customers needs a PRS licence.

adrian_w Plus
7 3.5k 4 Scotland
6 Feb 2013 10:59AM
That's what I wondered. The IAC licence covers us for that use, so probably explains why it's more expensive.
brian1208 Plus
6 Feb 2013 11:20AM
I knew there was a reason I took the simple route Wink
laurie42 8 3 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 12:22PM
This is the 1st time I have used the ephotozine forum and I was amazed at the response I got. I want to thank all the people who replied. From the advice I have received I have decided to update my Pictures to exe software. Thank you all again for your comments.
Laurie
adrian_w Plus
7 3.5k 4 Scotland
6 Feb 2013 1:09PM

Quote:I have decided to update my Pictures to exe software.

You won't be sorry Laurie, PTE version 7 is awesome. (& that's from a ProShow Gold user!)
laurie42 8 3 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 2:05PM
Thanks Adrian your comments are reassuring, I originally bought P2E 5 from Barry Beckham and I have received several updates free but there are things that are not included with the free update so it seems only right to continue to use the program that I am most familiar with.
Laurie
6 Feb 2013 10:18PM
AFAICS Private use or non-paying audience, PRS licence covers you the same? http://www.theiac.org.uk/iac/copyright/copyright-avoid-problems.html
socusoft 2 1
28 Feb 2013 9:23AM
There are many slideshow software you can use, online ones and software you need to download. According to your device, you can choose suitable ones, you can find a slideshow software in this website .
28 Feb 2013 11:39AM
New member, first post containing a link, turns out to be spam, who could have guessed or prevented such a thing. Other websites have systems, epz shut the door after the horse has bolted Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.