Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

slideshow Software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
5 Feb 2013 - 6:12 PM

That's interesting, how much does it cost to join and as a member what music can you use for your slideshows?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Feb 2013 - 6:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110152 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2013 - 6:23 PM

Chris, click on the "Join" header in the link I put up earlier and it gives you all the details on cost. There are also the details on what the license permits and doesn't, better you read that than I try to remember and mis-inform you Smile

User_Removed
5 Feb 2013 - 8:13 PM

Quote: It was the copyright licenses I joined for but I find the magazine has the odd bit and piece that's interesting as well

£37.50 a year!

Cut your losses and buy a lifetime licence from PRS MCPS for £15?

The Limited Manufacture Licence is quick, affordable and grants you ‘blanket’ permission to legally use any music in your own CDs, DVDs or videos (and other formats) – that’s any music, from any genre, by any artist including the big names; from Elvis and The Beatles to Lily Allen and Duffy.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110152 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2013 - 9:57 PM

Quote: Cut your losses and buy a lifetime licence from PRS MCPS for £15?

What's one of them Chris, do you have a link?

User_Removed
5 Feb 2013 - 10:02 PM

Performing Rights Society site on this page

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63272 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2013 - 10:02 AM

Does that cover the playback of videos/dvds/Av shows etc in public access areas such as church halls, or Council owned venues?

User_Removed
6 Feb 2013 - 10:45 AM

Quote: Does that cover the playback of videos/dvds/Av shows etc in public access areas such as church halls, or Council owned venues?

Basically there are a number of different licences involved.

The one Chris mentions allows you you use recorded music in an AV or video for non-commercial purposes - but not to play it in public.

If you play your AV sequence to an audience in a church hall, council property, sports club or whatever, then the owners of the venue also need their own licence. Even a hairdresser's shop playing the radio for customers needs a PRS licence.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 6 Feb 2013 - 10:46 AM
adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 63272 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2013 - 10:59 AM

That's what I wondered. The IAC licence covers us for that use, so probably explains why it's more expensive.

brian1208
6 Feb 2013 - 11:20 AM

I knew there was a reason I took the simple route Wink

laurie42
laurie42  7 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 - 12:22 PM

This is the 1st time I have used the ephotozine forum and I was amazed at the response I got. I want to thank all the people who replied. From the advice I have received I have decided to update my Pictures to exe software. Thank you all again for your comments.
Laurie

adrian_w
6 Feb 2013 - 1:09 PM

Quote: I have decided to update my Pictures to exe software.

You won't be sorry Laurie, PTE version 7 is awesome. (& that's from a ProShow Gold user!)

laurie42
laurie42  7 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 - 2:05 PM

Thanks Adrian your comments are reassuring, I originally bought P2E 5 from Barry Beckham and I have received several updates free but there are things that are not included with the free update so it seems only right to continue to use the program that I am most familiar with.
Laurie

User_Removed
6 Feb 2013 - 10:18 PM

AFAICS Private use or non-paying audience, PRS licence covers you the same? http://www.theiac.org.uk/iac/copyright/copyright-avoid-problems.html

socusoft
socusoft  1
28 Feb 2013 - 9:23 AM

There are many slideshow software you can use, online ones and software you need to download. According to your device, you can choose suitable ones, you can find a slideshow software in this website.

User_Removed
28 Feb 2013 - 11:39 AM

New member, first post containing a link, turns out to be spam, who could have guessed or prevented such a thing. Other websites have systems, epz shut the door after the horse has bolted Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.