Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Slideshows

julesm 10 1.7k 7 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2012 7:19PM
Any recommendations for software to create Wedding slideshows?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 4 4.6k 1 Scotland
22 Jun 2012 7:31PM
If you use Lightroom as your normal workflow and editing software, there is not a lot wrong with the integral Slideshow module.
Graysta 9 1.1k England
22 Jun 2012 7:36PM
Have a look at Animoto,for something a bit good and easy.
scottishphototours 10 2.5k 2 Scotland
22 Jun 2012 7:53PM
Proshow Producer and buy the wedding themes Wink
22 Jun 2012 8:01PM

Quote:If you use Lightroom as your normal workflow and editing software, there is not a lot wrong with the integral Slideshow module.

Thanks
I did try that but it didn't seem obvious how it could be saved and played on a DVD?
Not sure if ive missed simething?
22 Jun 2012 9:40PM

Quote:If you use Lightroom as your normal workflow and editing software, there is not a lot wrong with the integral Slideshow module.

Thanks
I did try that but it didn't seem obvious how it could be saved and played on a DVD?
Not sure if ive missed simething?

From the Slideshow module you select slideshow at the top, then export slideshow video. Easy.

Lightroom creates a simple slideshow that works well rather than cheesy spinning photos etc.

Click here for examples. of stuff we do on the wedding day for the evening reception.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
22 Jun 2012 10:25PM

I sometimes use that for reviewing my shots after import to get a general feel of them before even doing any editing / processing
24 Jun 2012 10:12PM
Hi, I have tried out a couple of sideshows from lr4, which I have then uploaded to a full Vimeo account, but I'm curious what settings you use?

I've exported them from lr4 as the highest res then uploaded them and converted to HD. It all takes a while and the files seem huge. If I don't create them in the highest res, they look crap if the user hits full screen?

Jules
24 Jun 2012 10:38PM
I just export them at 720 so they load up at a reasonable fast and look okay. You'll never get super sharp images online without it being slow for a lot of people. Then on the disc of images we provide to couples we have a full HD one on which plays sharp for them.
25 Jun 2012 6:47PM
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.