Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Slideshows

julesm 11 1.7k 7 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2012 7:19PM
Any recommendations for software to create Wedding slideshows?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
22 Jun 2012 7:31PM
If you use Lightroom as your normal workflow and editing software, there is not a lot wrong with the integral Slideshow module.
Graysta 10 1.1k England
22 Jun 2012 7:36PM
Have a look at Animoto,for something a bit good and easy.
scottishphototours 11 2.6k 2
22 Jun 2012 7:53PM
Proshow Producer and buy the wedding themes Wink
22 Jun 2012 8:01PM

Quote:If you use Lightroom as your normal workflow and editing software, there is not a lot wrong with the integral Slideshow module.

Thanks
I did try that but it didn't seem obvious how it could be saved and played on a DVD?
Not sure if ive missed simething?
22 Jun 2012 9:40PM

Quote:If you use Lightroom as your normal workflow and editing software, there is not a lot wrong with the integral Slideshow module.

Thanks
I did try that but it didn't seem obvious how it could be saved and played on a DVD?
Not sure if ive missed simething?

From the Slideshow module you select slideshow at the top, then export slideshow video. Easy.

Lightroom creates a simple slideshow that works well rather than cheesy spinning photos etc.

Click here for examples. of stuff we do on the wedding day for the evening reception.
JJGEE 10 6.5k 18 England
22 Jun 2012 10:25PM

I sometimes use that for reviewing my shots after import to get a general feel of them before even doing any editing / processing
24 Jun 2012 10:12PM
Hi, I have tried out a couple of sideshows from lr4, which I have then uploaded to a full Vimeo account, but I'm curious what settings you use?

I've exported them from lr4 as the highest res then uploaded them and converted to HD. It all takes a while and the files seem huge. If I don't create them in the highest res, they look crap if the user hits full screen?

Jules
24 Jun 2012 10:38PM
I just export them at 720 so they load up at a reasonable fast and look okay. You'll never get super sharp images online without it being slow for a lot of people. Then on the disc of images we provide to couples we have a full HD one on which plays sharp for them.
25 Jun 2012 6:47PM
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.