Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Slingshot rucksack and cycling

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Gary_Macleod
    4 Jun 2008 - 9:32 AM

I'm needing a new camera rucksack but i need one that is going to be functional when out cycling. i was looking at the slingshot 200. has anyone got any experience using this bag when cycling.? does it stay in position on your back ok?

all help truly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jun 2008 - 9:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad
    conrad  1010873 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2008 - 10:19 AM

I have a 200, and I found that how well it stays in position, simply depends on how tight you pull the strap with the clip. You can get it to stay in place quite well that way. And it's a very handy bag in other respects, too, so I can recommend it.

Last Modified By conrad at 4 Jun 2008 - 10:20 AM
    Tooth
    Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2008 - 11:37 AM

Yep, agree with Conrad, use the strap and no prob, but brill for being able to swing it round and take out a cameral while still astride the bike. If you're just out for travelling light, try the 100 as well, but wouldn't really double up as a general camera bag.

Just as an aside, one thing I found about taking a camera along on a bike is that when you stop to take a pic your hands are very shaky for a while so need faster shutter speeds ...maybe it's just me.. Smile

mad-dogs
    mad-dogs  122201 forum posts England
    4 Jun 2008 - 12:06 PM

I've got the 200 version. Never used it. Tried it on; didn't like it; so I stick to my shoulder bags.

It's probably fine for cycling as the shoulder bags tend to swing around and knock me off balance when cycling.

Gary_Macleod
    4 Jun 2008 - 12:07 PM

thanks both , really appreciate all your help. yea the 200 looks like just the thing i'm after. Stephen..i take it you mean the 200 is the better option for an all round bag rather than the 100?

Gary_Macleod
    4 Jun 2008 - 12:09 PM

cheers Dave, yea that's the prob i'm having with my shoulder bag

conrad
    conrad  1010873 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2008 - 12:20 PM

Quote: the 200 is the better option for an all round bag rather than the 100?

Well, I personally wouldn't like anything smaller than the 200, but that's just me. I like to carry around quite a bit of kit just in case...

Tooth
    Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jun 2008 - 12:33 PM

Quote: Stephen..i take it you mean the 200 is the better option for an all round bag rather than the 100?

Yup Smile

Gary_Macleod
    4 Jun 2008 - 12:41 PM

thanks again both, you've both been very helpful

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.