Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

SLT Mirror

kodachrome 3 530
26 Dec 2012 11:48AM
Hi All

Happy New Year to every one.

Just a thought, when and i'm sure it will happen the SLT Mirror gets dust on it and perhaps even atmospheric haze. Whats the course of action. Apparently you must not touch the mirror surfaces.

I remember some one talking about replacing the mirror and there was a Video showing how to it, apparently its not that difficult, but how much would a relacement mirror cost.

Pete

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1 4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
26 Dec 2012 7:09PM
Blow it off with a dry blower or canned air (from a distance), preferably holding the camera lens mount down so stuff falls out, rather than into the body.

They said not to touch digital sensors in the beginning, but now you can clean them with proprietary kits, so very careful cleaning is possible with the right equipment. If it gets really bad, you can have it cleaned and even re-silvered for a price.

One of the disadvantages of permanent mirrors.

Nick
kodachrome 3 530
27 Dec 2012 1:42PM
Thanks sooty

I guess a lot is down to how often I change lenses and the enviroment I do it in.
It would be good to find out the costs of a pro clean and/or mirror replacement.

Pete

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.