Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Small Speedlite Softbox

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53626 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2014 - 4:54 PM

Quote:

What are you looking for

Lighting A hotel birthday event with mostly family groups of 2 to 6 people, where the light falls in a soft arc on them lifting them from their surroundings but not losing them.
Ideally the light will be diffuse enough to soften shadows from a canon 430 speedlite on top of camera.

A Gary Fong type diffuser is one option i might try, i've not really got on previously with a 6 inch softbox.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Jul 2014 - 4:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2014 - 4:59 PM

The large flash bender + soft cover might do the trick.

This will give you some idea of how good they are.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53626 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2014 - 11:05 PM

Thanks Paul, super set of vids, i ran through 3 of his series. I've been enjoying a simple flash card for a year now and this seems like a natural step up with something i know i like.
Now is it time to look at eTTL triggers instead of TTL, i'll sleep on that and might start another thread on those after looking around.
Thanks again.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2014 - 11:14 PM

There certainly becoming popular Smile

JackAllTog
16 Jul 2014 - 11:11 PM

Thanks Paul, I just got the large flash bender this afternoon, felt like jumping straight in and tested it on location - I like it thanks, it certainly captures attention when on camera Smile.
20140716--mg-1329.jpg

Paul Morgan
16 Jul 2014 - 11:21 PM

Pretty much any flash unit is too big attached to my tiny little camera, at least it forces me to be more creative Smile

From what I`ve seen of it (I don`t always use it) its diffusion panel is good as well.

dscf7568.jpg

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 16 Jul 2014 - 11:23 PM
Middleman77
28 Jul 2014 - 6:04 PM

Talking of diffusers & softboxes, has anyone seen this?
> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2101747734/bouncelite-the-revolutionary-fla...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.