Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sneak peek CS6 Adobe Raw

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111561 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2012 - 9:28 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Jan 2012 - 9:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73903 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2012 - 9:34 PM

Its only the ACR bit, which in essence is what will be available in Lightroom 4 (which looks pretty good from a couple of images I've looked at)

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96340 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2012 - 9:39 PM

Been trying out some of this in Lightroom 4 BETA.

The new "Basic" controls, Exposure, Contrast, Whites etc. work completely different and will take some more experimenting / practice.

What is quite clearly evident to me is the ability to get brighter ( whiter ) whites without the clipping / being washed out.

It also appears from the video link above that the default User Interface is now very similar to Lightroom's, but as the guy states you can customise it to your own liking.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73903 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2012 - 9:43 PM

One thing i've noticed in LR4, and I take it ACR for CS6 that i'm not keen on - the clarity slider, really affects the highlights, so much so in some images I have to double process once for land & once for sky then use Photoshop (and dialling in negative clarity in the gradient tool doesn't work) - For this I was talking about landscapes BTW.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2012 - 11:18 PM

what's ACR?

CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111561 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2012 - 11:24 PM

Adobe Camera Raw

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2012 - 11:39 PM

ah - never heard it called that before I must admit

that's my fact for the day learned Smile

CaptivePhotons
    26 Feb 2012 - 11:52 AM

CS6 content aware sneak peek.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.