Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Snowdonia Trip and ideal locations

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mikesmith
    mikesmith e2 Member 1045 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Apr 2006 - 8:58 AM

I am visiting Snowdonia with family and friends on Friday for three nights, we are staying near Llanrug, Caernarfon.

Bearing in mind I shall have the family with me, has anyone got any suggestions for landscape locations perhaps within a 15 mile radius, where I can sneak off to first thing in the morning without dragging them all with me.

I've never been to North Wales and would like to make the most of every opportunity, bearing in mind I might be slightly limited for time.

cheers

mike

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Apr 2006 - 8:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Apr 2006 - 10:12 AM

Get yourself an OS map of Snowdonia. Stick a pin in it and go there, simple as that. :0)

A few specific places:

- Beddgelert
    - Caernarfon Castle from the quayside, or other side of the water
    - Snowdon summit (walk)
    - Moel Hebog summit (walk)
    - Beddgelert
    - Nantlle Ridge (walk)
    - Ffestiniog
    - Tan y Bwlch
    - Llanberis
    - Capel Curig
    - Did I mention Beddgelert?

Ian

mikesmith
    mikesmith e2 Member 1045 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Apr 2006 - 10:28 AM

Thanks Ian, I know I'm spoilt for choice and it could be as simple as a pin in an OS map, but thanks muchly for the idea's. I'll look at the maop and start planning NOW.

cheers

Mike

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Apr 2006 - 10:33 AM

I think what Mike is looking for is some ideal Sunrise shots for this time of the year.

Hopefully someone can supply the Answer..

Chris_H
    Chris_H  101472 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Apr 2006 - 12:25 PM

Llyn Gwynant is good at sunrise especially if their is mist around.

Check out Peter Watsons website Peter Watson

Peters work is excellent and you can check out images taken in North Wales only by clicking on the map.

If you dont mind a short trip over to Anglesey check out South Stack lighthouse, if you can get away for a sunset the coast around there is stunning, and the road into Anglesey is also very good as its a Dual most of the way and hardly any traffic so it does not take too long to get to.

Snowdonia is a place where the weather is very odd, it can change very quickly but it can be grey and rainniy a lot of the time, if this is the case there are plenty of waterfalls around to shoot.

Chris

mad-dogs
    mad-dogs  122201 forum posts England
    24 Apr 2006 - 12:32 PM

I went to school in Llanrug! Spent every games session down by the river trying to poach salmon as I dislike football and cricket :o)

You might find the area around Ogwen Cottage a good place to start as it is not too far from Llanrug, easy to get to and there is a lot to photograph without going too far from your car.

You can drive up to Llanberis quarries via Deiniolen and Dinorwig villages and get images across the valley of Snowdon and Moel Eilio range.

You can see the view from this area via:

Snowdon Webcam

Dolbadarn Castle is on the outskirts of Llanberis. There is also a quarry museum in Llanberis by the lake railway.

The Menai Bridge is not too far away and is quite spectacular.

Some of the landscapes in my folio are from the area.

mikesmith
    24 Apr 2006 - 9:27 PM

Thanks Chris and Dave, you've both helped tremendously and hopefully I will have some shots to prove I've taken on board your suggestions

Mike

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.