Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

So, what are you doing this August Bank Holiday weekend?

Tricia e2
9 325 Ireland
22 Aug 2012 4:58PM
Hi Everyone,

Any plans for the weekend seeing it's a Bank Holiday weekend ( jumping up and down with joy)
I was expecting friends from Wales for the weekend but it's delayed till next week so nothing planned as yet for me.
If you are in London the Notting Hill Carnival is on Sunday and Monday so hopefully it will stay sunny.

What are you doing?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
22 Aug 2012 5:11PM
I am on a stag do on Saturday in Peterborough, so depending in how that goes will decide what I do on the Sunday. I'm hoping to get to the Sheffield Fayre, where there's another reenactment to photograph
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
22 Aug 2012 5:36PM
Bank Holiday Monday, 27th there is an epz members' South East Meets Group visit to Herstmonceux Castle for England's Medieval Festival

Check out more info on the Events Page

Naturally you are more than welcome to join us Smile

Jeff
KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2012 6:31PM

Quote:I am on a stag do on Saturday in Peterborough, so depending in how that goes will decide what I do on the Sunday. I'm hoping to get to the Sheffield Fayre, where there's another reenactment to photograph

I would reccomend this to anyone, Perfect for photography due to this being a natural bowl, the public like to sit on the top of the hill leaving the front for photographers, There will be eveents going on across the day in the arena, which has 2 sides totally natural foilage, no ropes ect.

I will not be in attendence this year as I will be going to Cardiff Castle , 1812 event

but heres a timetable of events that ive been given from the organisers. I wouldent be able to do much private shoots at sheffield as the guys are very busy. aside from the re-inactment there is also a large show and fairground so plenty to keep anyone entertained inc flower shows ect.
This is the best Living history show in yorkshire area so plenty to see.Be a little careful and dont leave equipment unattended altho very rare there are problems but occasionally you get a few rogues around .

Any other information then let me know, btw its street parking around the area, very busy if you leave it too late
Sheffield Fayre, 26-27 August 2012
Timetable of historical displays

11.30am
American Civil War parades
The American Civil War Society
Noon
Roman soldiers
Legio VIII MGV
Medieval archery
The Boden Retinue, Laxton Archers and Dawn of Chivalry.
1pm
American Civil War artillery display(andWWII pyro set up if needed)
1.30pm
WWII Eastern Front Skirmish
The Northern WWII Association
2pm
Norman knights and combat (andfinal ACWS pyro set up if needed)
Dawn of Chivalry
2.30pm
An American Civil War Battle – spectacular action from 1861-65
3.05pm
End of ACWS battle, followed by mass firings/ by file etc.
3.15pm
Soldiers’ drill for children – have a go at marching and carrying a “musket”! (and final WWII set up – temporarily taped off - in background)
3.45pm
World War Two battle
The Northern WWII Association
4.15pm approx. (immediately after WWII battle)
Finale & parade of all participants through the ages.
All participating groups
4.25pm
Piper’s lament, Last Post*, a minute’s silence for our fallen service personnel and civilians, past and present, then single cannon shot to end the minute, Reveille* & cannonade (including all artillery present please), mass infantry volley, present arms and march past.
All participating groups. Piper’s Lament by Cormac Bowell.
5.30pm
Living history displays and Sheffield Fayre close.
All
Plus ongoing activies and displays by the above groups and

Archery, including a chance to have a go (a small fee applies), with the Derwent Bowmen.

C17th living history by Footsteps of our Fathers

The Arizona Rangers and Days Gone By (American West)

1940's camping and cycle touring couple by Continental Cycle Tourers

Pontefract Home Guard and Home Fires Burning (WWII British Home Front)

WWII US Rangers of Dog Co, 502.

WWII German Luftwaffe troops portrayed by Axis44
* Subject to confirmation of a bugler – still needed!!!
KevSB 10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
22 Aug 2012 6:46PM
I will be at Cardiff Castle for the 200th centenary event of the Battle of Detroit 1812. A new and popular period in this country for that reason. like above a full timetable of events but not on the scale of Sheffield, Have never been to this venue so totally in the dark on what, when and how but can promise it will be colorful and noisy.

33rd/95th/41st/68th/ Anglesey Hussars are iattendancece that I know of and are some of the best groups in th UK . I recently did a video of them to show you what to exspect

Metalhead 7 1.9k 2 England
22 Aug 2012 11:38PM
I'll be moving house so probably no time for anything vaguely photographic! Or fun. But at least I can take advantage of the extra day for moving more stuff.
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
23 Aug 2012 12:34AM

Quote:I am on a stag do on Saturday in Peterborough,

. . . doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "I'm on a stag do to Amsterdam for the entire weekend" somehow.

And, yes, I have!
kathrynlouise 3 421 1 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2012 7:48AM
I'm going to Spetchley gardens, near Worcester I think!
Be my first day off in 10 days so I shall enjoy it whatever. A little sunshine would be good Wink
Have a great bank hol everyone Grin

Kathryn
kathrynlouise 3 421 1 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2012 7:49AM

Quote:I am on a stag do on Saturday in Peterborough, so depending in how that goes will decide what I do on the Sunday. I'm hoping to get to the Sheffield Fayre, where there's another reenactment to photograph

Enjoy the male bonding! If you can't be good, be careful Tongue

Kathryn
theorderingone 10 2.4k United Kingdom
23 Aug 2012 8:59AM
I'll be shooting Leeds Festival... getting covered in mud, if the forecast for the weekend is right, as well as then usual thrown pint of beer/urine.

I've just got some last minute packing to do, then I'm off.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
23 Aug 2012 9:07AM
Absolutely nothing
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
23 Aug 2012 9:25AM
what bank holiday?
24 Aug 2012 5:50PM

Quote:Absolutely nothing

Me too......I think!
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
24 Aug 2012 6:23PM

Quote:What bank holiday?

+1
cantona43 9 915 4 England
24 Aug 2012 9:55PM
I like most people will be getting wet through after all it is bank Holiday

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.