Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

So, what are you doing this weekend?

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
11 Aug 2012 10:02PM
Managed to get a replacement remote release for my camera and then went looking for something to try it out on.

Whizzing along a main road something caught my eye, so turned round and went back.

harvest.jpg

Must be about 19 years since I last captured this event taking place so quite pleased I stopped for a few photographs.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
12 Aug 2012 12:17PM
Bit more sorting out.
This is me & the panda at the most northerly point of mainland Europe (supposedly).
The place was mobbed. Apart from our party there were 3000 Italians from a Costa Cruise and a carpark full of campervans.

img-6378small.jpg

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
12 Aug 2012 9:34PM
When Tricia started this thread on Friday I had no plans for the weekend. Thanks to KevSB for mentioning the Lace Wars at Kedleston Hall nr Derby. It was an obvious event to attend to try out the Olympus OM-Ds 9 frames per second. As we arrived and saw just a relative small number of tents and only a few reeanactors I wondered if it was a good choice. But minutes after arriving I bumped into epz member Phil (NewmanP) and half way through the first small skirmish Kev spotted me amongst the spectators and came and said hello. A shortwhile later he'd lined up a private shoot with some of the reenactors for Phil, K and I and the day really took off. We had four sessions with a fair few of the reenactors. The session by the river was awesome.
I'd like to thank Kev for his knowledge of the event and connections with the teams, but also for his very helpful approach to the day. He went out of his way to ensure we, and other photographers who tagged along on each shoot, got what we wanted. True gent.
I have a lot of photos to wade through later, but in the meantime here's me in action photographing a group that was set up at the end of the day.

peteblog.jpg

YoBellzaa e2
7 224 England
13 Aug 2012 8:40AM
dsc00145.jpg

Me after about 10m on Sunday (in white shirt).
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
16 Aug 2012 4:11PM

Quote:I will be interested in your findings Pete, in particular I'd be interested to see what the defraction is like at say F16
Nick I did a few shots at f/16 for you. They're here Nikon D800 vs Nikon D700 and f/16
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
16 Aug 2012 9:16PM
Thanks Pete, that's interesting, I does look like there is a difference (will check properly tomorrow on a proper screen). It won't put me off the D800, I will just modify my technique ( that said I'm not doing many landscapes these days).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.