Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

So Excited!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
lisajane
lisajane  10156 forum posts
27 Jan 2004 - 7:25 PM

I had to share...

I did my first wedding as a trainee on Saturday, it was the first time I'd really used my new Canon EOS 300D. It all went well, and I've been working on the images in various ways since Saturday night.

I dropped them off today to be printed, and my husband went to collect them - when the shop refused to give him them because they believed that they were professional photographs that I had scanned and was trying to nick copyright for. They asked him to sign a form declaring that copyright was his, but he said he couldn't because his wife took the photos. He explained that I was a trainee etc...I was thrilled that someone confused my photos with a pro's work!! The chap who printed them told my husband that he wasn't even sure whether or not to print them as he had such concerns about copyright!!

The prints are really nice and I'm really pleased - can't wait to find out what the bride thinks!!!

It's a real confidence boost and I for one am well chuffed!!

Can't recommend the EOS 300D highly enough!!

Lisa Jane

Lisa Jane

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jan 2004 - 7:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2004 - 7:29 PM

Are you going to let us see one or two Lisa Jane?

gemg
gemg  1071 forum posts
27 Jan 2004 - 7:33 PM

Well done you

stevenj
stevenj  101982 forum posts England
27 Jan 2004 - 7:42 PM

Yes well done, you're right to be really pleased. Good for you Smile

Now get 'em uploaded!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139370 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2004 - 7:43 PM

Congrats Lisa Jane! Smile

colin b
colin b  10367 forum posts United Kingdom
27 Jan 2004 - 7:46 PM

What a terrific buzz...and you've shared it - thanks for that!

Like Pete, I hope we get to see some of the results - but it may pay to ask the happy couple first - anyone?

Nice one Lisa!

FrankThomas
FrankThomas e2 Member 112762 forum postsFrankThomas vcard United Kingdom
27 Jan 2004 - 7:49 PM

Outstanding Lisa !!! first of many I hope

lisajane
27 Jan 2004 - 7:54 PM

Thanks for the comments - photos online at www.lisa-on-line.co.uk

Still buzzing a little bit!!

LJ

lisajane
27 Jan 2004 - 8:52 PM

Sorry forgot to say...they're in "Personal"

FrankThomas
FrankThomas e2 Member 112762 forum postsFrankThomas vcard United Kingdom
27 Jan 2004 - 9:08 PM

they are very good Lisa - congratulations

heart
heart  10
27 Jan 2004 - 9:37 PM

Hi trying to make up my mind about exchanging my Fuji S602pro for the 300D, I think you have solved my problem, you find the 300D a good camera ? Also how long does each fully charged battery last. Congratulations saw your photos in your web site.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215517 forum posts England
27 Jan 2004 - 9:37 PM

Congratulations to you and well done to the shop staff. The guy may have been wrong but his intentions were correct. Bet it wasn't Boots!

lisajane
27 Jan 2004 - 9:43 PM

Georgina,

I LOVE the 300D to be honest - but then it's my first DSLR, so I would. I love the creativity that comes in post-processing work.

To be honest, the wedding was the first time that I've given the camera a good run for its money. I was shooting from 10.30am til 12.30pm, took 140 photos, and the battery is still looking good! I think the Auto Power off feature really helps.

I can't say that the camera is much different, feature wise, from my film SLR - but its digital and that's the best thing!

If you want to email me with more questions, feel free!! There's a contact link on my website.

Thanks again!!

Lisa Jane

lisajane
27 Jan 2004 - 9:44 PM

Bri - interestingly the guy who is training me took our wedding photos. He gave us permission to scan them and do whatever, and a while ago I had a few printed in the same shop to see how the scans printed (fine by the way) - and we didn't have this problem then!

It's good that they're on the lookout - but they don't spot the time that I really was "stealing" someone elses work - albeit with permission!

Lisa Jane

bexieid
bexieid  1062 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Feb 2004 - 10:32 PM

lisajane it wasn't Tesco was it? I've had 2 weeks holiday from the place and I couldn't imagine the 2 lads that work on there would challenge anyone on copyright. But it has made me think that it's something that needs addressing. I'll have to find out where Tesco stands on this and ensure they provide documentation to be shown to customers in the event of anyone complaining.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.