Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

So slow

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2011 - 8:58 PM

What should have been a relaxing 45 minutes, this evening, catching up with "My favs" turned into an ordeal (and not the first time either)

About 50% of the images took up to 10+ seconds to load; On about 50%, the green vote acceptance bar did not load, so I was closing that image down and reopening it (Some of the time the vote had been registered, sometimes not.
    Unless I voted on an image, the previous upload thumbnails did not load, so could not see if there was an image I might want to comment on, without going through a right rigmarole

Worse than platting fog.
    It is not the whole site, but appears to be just "My favs" where the problem lies

I cannot believe there is only myself, who has this issue.Sad

Report submitted

Adrian

Last Modified By tomcat at 14 Mar 2011 - 9:02 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Mar 2011 - 8:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cantona43
    cantona43 e2 Member 9885 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2011 - 9:02 PM

I had that problem too with voting

Scutter
    Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2011 - 9:03 PM

it was slow earlier but seems OK now.......................

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2011 - 9:05 PM

Quote: I had that problem too with voting

Ah! Seems I am not aloneSmile

Quote: it was slow earlier but seems OK now

Do you mean in general, which I am not referring to, or a particular area?

Adrian

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014140 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2011 - 9:06 PM

Quote: I cannot believe there is only myself, who has this issue

I should think others have the same problem (f8 seems to have a similar problem).
    What browser are you using & have you tried a different one?
    Have you cleared your cache?

Quote: Report submitted

Dosn't look like it registered as there isn't a report against your name that I can see.

csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2011 - 9:08 PM

Surely I am the only person in your favourites so just access my portfolio directly Tongue

tomcat
    14 Mar 2011 - 9:26 PM

Quote: Dosn't look like it registered as there isn't a report against your name that I can see.

It is a follow up on the same thread I posted on the 9th March Chris.

I must have cleared my cache about twenty times, during my recent session on "My favs", but to no avail

Quote: Surely I am the only person in your favourites so just access my portfolio directly

At least you retuned to work & kept your sense of humourGrin

Adrian

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014140 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2011 - 10:17 PM

R I C

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82324 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2011 - 11:00 PM

Personally I have found speed issues with epz for the last month or so - all pages within the site seem to take at least 75% longer than other sites web pages - I'm finding each page no matter where averages 8-10 seconds. In the last few weeks I've found the browser has timed out. I'd assumed that the guys had been doing some maintenance?

f8
    f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2011 - 11:43 PM

I had a slow site problem but I found my problem was too many filters on the galleries so I deleted them and .....hey presto problem solved.
    Its worth trying.

tomcat
    15 Mar 2011 - 7:46 AM

Quote: my problem was too many filters on the galleries

Not at this end unfortunatelySad
    Only have one filter in use normallyGrin

tomcat
    15 Mar 2011 - 6:33 PM

Just had a quick 5 mins with My favs section & not one single issueGrin

lobsterboy
    15 Mar 2011 - 8:16 PM

Has anything changed that you know of?

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 15 Mar 2011 - 8:17 PM
    tomcat
    15 Mar 2011 - 8:27 PM

Not in the slightest ChrisSmile

Mind you, it just took me several attempts of switching images, before the reset notification button worked on my latestSad

Last Modified By tomcat at 15 Mar 2011 - 8:27 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.