Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Social media site and Photographers

10 Mar 2011 1:12PM
Like forums, social media websites like Twitter and Facebook are great places to meet other Photographers.
A potential opportunity to share with others and learn from others.
My grievance is with people who call themselves Photographers and share information that isn't good.
I look at Photographers as being "community", we should be willing to learn and share but we have to be careful not to buy into everything being sold as "professional information" that comes across the social media sites, in my opinion.
These sites don't regulate, so anyone can present themselves as "professional" anythings.
All I'm saying is buyer beware, we need to think twice before taking questionable advice once.
Note, I'm not criticizing really professionals, semi-professionals or amateurs...I'm just suggesting we be careful and "don't throw the baby out with the bath water".

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
10 Mar 2011 5:35PM

Quote:be careful not to buy into everything being sold as "professional information" that comes across the social media sites, in my opinion.

LOL....How long have you been using the Internet, Its not known as the WWW, Thats " Wild Wild West " for nothing.....Grin

Standard practice with anything you see/read on the Internet, No matter what the subject or content, Is always take or read it with a " Pinch Of Salt "....!!!

Especially on social media sites......Wink
10 Mar 2011 8:35PM
Wild wild west, thats hilarious...true too

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.