Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sod this...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jondf
    jondf  82475 forum posts
    18 Aug 2012 - 10:05 AM

That's it, I'm going to ask for a reduction in my TV licence fee. Assuming part of that fee finances the BBC's internet news site, I don't see why I should pay to look at an increasing load of inconsequential twaddle put out by an organisation that should know better. After all, as part of the Establishment, isn't that ivory tower run by Oxbridge graduates?

Today's front page samples -

'When do you eat if the sun never sets?'

'Wet-dog shake secret revealed, plus nine other nuggets'

'The Premier League footballer hatred vortex'

Tabloid journalism? No fear. It's Auntie's increasing preoccupation with the hyped up trivia game on its news front page.

It'll not be long before they start using the dreaded exclamation mark! ....oops

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Aug 2012 - 10:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122275 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Aug 2012 - 10:22 AM

It's August. Real news is on holiday Smile

Jestertheclown
    18 Aug 2012 - 10:37 AM

We're talking about the BBC. As far as they're concerned, real news is always on holiday.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139496 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Aug 2012 - 10:43 AM

Give RT (formerly Russia Today) a try. You get news stories the BBC wouldn't even report... quite important ones sometimes.

Obviously they are not overly critical of Mr Putin's regime but, that aside, that it can be an interesting alternative view.

thewilliam
    18 Aug 2012 - 10:48 AM

I find Channel 4 news is a long way ahead of the offerings of the "British Broadcorping Castration" as Malcolm Muggeridge once called it.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Aug 2012 - 10:52 AM

moan moan moan

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122275 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Aug 2012 - 10:55 AM

France 24 and Al Jazeera in particular are worth a read.

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8995 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Aug 2012 - 11:20 AM

try facebook / twitter people think they are more informative it seems.

ensign
    ensign e2 Member 7185 forum postsensign vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Aug 2012 - 12:15 PM

In view of the amount of repeats on BBC I wonder if they would allow me to repeat previous licences.

spaceman
    spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Aug 2012 - 12:23 PM

I liked the article regarding hatred toward football players. Mainstream news media are hopeless at reporting the news that matters though. Fortunately we have many more worthy news outlets these days.

Quote: moan moan moan

Incisive.

Last Modified By spaceman at 18 Aug 2012 - 12:24 PM
    Jestertheclown
    18 Aug 2012 - 3:44 PM

Quote: I find Channel 4 news is a long way ahead of the offerings of the "British Broadcorping Castration" as Malcolm Muggeridge once called it.

Yep!

jondf
    jondf  82475 forum posts
    21 Aug 2012 - 11:26 AM

Quote: British Broadcorping Castration

Chuckle.....feeling better already Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.