Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Soft images

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    timbo
    timbo  12591 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Aug 2008 - 1:37 PM

Shot a wedding on saturday with my usual kit of d200 plus variety of lenses. Noticed about halfway through that the images were looking a bit soft when using my sigma 28-70 f2.8 ex.
    Never had this before, in fact the lens has been so good i've never bothered thinking of changing it to a nikkor.
    i'm wondering if the weather had anything to do with it. It started off raining heavily, when the bride arrived at church the sun came out and it got very humid. I did change lenses in the church as i needed a wideangle and am wondering if the sensor got a bit misted up with the change in weather.
    Would appreciate any comments ( apart from the ones telling me to change to canon - it'll never happen) before i send my kit off for a service.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Aug 2008 - 1:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Aug 2008 - 1:44 PM

So did the shots look soft or misty? If soft then it is possible you were using the lens outside its comfort zone because of the light.

If your camera gear had been kept in warm dry conditions and then taken out into cold wet it is possible that it could have misted up but I'm pretty sure you would have noticed that on the lens before it got onto the sensor.

Ian

timbo
    timbo  12591 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Aug 2008 - 2:07 PM

Misty is how they looked but it didn't show on the lens or looking through it which is why i thought it might be on the sensor. Am going to do some test shots today to see if it happens again.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.