Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Soft introduction

17 Mar 2013 12:19PM
Well, I've posted no end on these forums now, so a bit late for this. But I just became a full 'member' and have decided to use epz a bit more, so I thought I'd post here.

I live in London now, having spent the last four years travelling and living abroad, in Vietnam, China, Cambodia and Australia. I'm an English Language teacher by profession. I originally took up photography because I went travelling for a year when I was 18 and every picture I came home with was awful. My aim is, and always has been, to become a competent 'snapshotter' capable of recording anything that's happening around me and taking images which give a strong sense of wherever I am. Being in London, my current project is to get more comfortable shooting in the rain or on grey days, as waiting for sunny days means I never get out.

I am currently a photoshop no-hoper but hope to spend some time on this soon, although I find it terminally boring and much prefer to adjust my camera settings whilst out.

Due to some recent health problems, I am spending a lot of time at home, hence all the forum posts. I'm hoping to spend more time taking photos and less time talking about it soon, but at the minute its a bit draining going out. Macro / indoor photography just isn't my thing, either.

My other hobbies, when health permits, are walking, cycling and cooking.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse Plus
12 39.7k 269 England
17 Mar 2013 12:46PM
A belated welcome to you, Jonny! Smile
saltireblue Plus
5 4.7k 27 Norway
17 Mar 2013 1:17PM
Welcome, Jonny!
Hope your health soon allows you to get out and about pointing your camera in anger again.
I share your liking for cooking!Smile

Malc
widtink 2 406 2 Scotland
17 Mar 2013 1:35PM
Hey Jonny glad you are liking your D90 hope you feel better soon and as Malc says point yer camera in anger soon lol . I love that Grin

Rod
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2013 6:04PM
Now is the time to get into Photoshop and rty and get your head around it. And welcome to EPZ
Stephen
17 Mar 2013 6:41PM
rty???
MalcolmS Plus
9 1.1k 13 England
18 Mar 2013 12:54PM
I assume that should read 'try'
18 Mar 2013 8:41PM
oh right, yeah. duh! I thought it was some fancy softwear suite or something!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.