Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Soft Proshow Gold

MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
1 Feb 2014 11:45AM
I'm sure that this has been raised before but unfortunately I cannot see how to search the forums.
When I play a show on the computer from the DVD it's great, sharp as a pin, but when I play it on the TV through the Blue Ray player it looks soft.
Another question, when I put the DVD in my compueter it defaults to playing through mediaplayer which is abyssmal but when I look at the autoplay window there doesn't seem any way of making it play through Proshow by default.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2014 11:50AM
A daft question, when you create it what settings are you using?

(the only time I have had problems similar to this have been when I have either not set the device correctly or have restricted the image dimensions / resolution in the create menu)
sherlob e2
8 2.4k 126 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2014 12:18PM
It's years since I used pro show, but I seem to recall having the same problem. If I recall the video output defaults to what they use in the States, and you need to change it to PAL format (someone may correct this).
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2014 3:57PM
Agree
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2014 10:33PM

Quote:but unfortunately I cannot see how to search the forums.

You are not aloneSmile

Never worked for me - always throws something up from ten years ago, or nothing to do with the search topic in questionSad
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
1 Feb 2014 10:58PM

Quote:but unfortunately I cannot see how to search the forums.

You are not aloneSmile

Never worked for me - always throws something up from ten years ago, or nothing to do with the search topic in questionSad

+1
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2014 7:06AM

Quote:I'm sure that this has been raised before but unfortunately I cannot see how to search the forums.

It is the magnifying glass up by your user id:
77-capture.jpg

lobsterboy e2
2 Feb 2014 9:00AM

Quote:Never worked for me - always throws something up from ten years ago, or nothing to do with the search topic in questionSad

Have you got an example of it not working properly?
I just did a search for Pro Show Gold and the results seem to include 2 or 3 threads that talk about image quality.
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
2 Feb 2014 11:27AM

Quote:I'm sure that this has been raised before but unfortunately I cannot see how to search the forums.

It is the magnifying glass up by your user id:

Thanks for pointing this out lobsterboy.
Whilst I recognize the magnifying glass icon(now) as a search facility, practically all the sites I use have a box that you type your search into, with a magnifier icon to click on to activate(or press return).
I would still prefer to see that box as that is what I'm used to - just seems more intuitive.
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
2 Feb 2014 5:33PM

Quote:I would still prefer to see that box as that is what I'm used to - just seems more intuitive.

Here , here
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
2 Feb 2014 5:34PM
Chris,

Your link does not show anything on the subject.
lobsterboy e2
2 Feb 2014 5:48PM

Quote:Chris,

Your link does not show anything on the subject.

What you mean apart from the 276 Forum threads on the topic ?????:
78-capture.jpg

MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
2 Feb 2014 6:04PM
Non of this appeared when I clicked on the link? Unfortunately I do not know how to do a screen shot to show you what I got.
lobsterboy e2
2 Feb 2014 6:06PM

Quote:Non of this appeared when I clicked on the link? Unfortunately I do not know how to do a screen shot to show you what I got.

Once you got to the screen, did you click on forum on the left ?
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
2 Feb 2014 6:07PM
All I get is:

'EPZ Christmas Gift Guide 2013'

and

'Interview with David Garrett'

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.