Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Software

22 Jun 2009 6:46AM
can any body tell me a free downloadable software to modify or crop a raw image? where can i found it?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

22 Jun 2009 6:58AM
google picasa3
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2009 7:30AM
And Gimp
brianquinn 7 243 1 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2009 7:38AM
What camera do you use?bsite free of charge
If it's a Canon, you can use DPP, which you can download from their website
22 Jun 2009 10:39AM
no i use nikon
AnthonyM 9 388 2 United States
22 Jun 2009 10:42AM
Just be careful of your use of any online services such as Picasa. You may be giving them then right to sell your work to someone else.
I would guess that if you merely use the software and keep things on your own machine, you should be safe.

From their terms of service...

"11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services."
mbharris 6 32 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2009 10:58AM
Try Nikon view NX
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
22 Jun 2009 12:46PM
If your using a Nikon....I see your last upload was taken with a D300..!

You could try using the " Nikon ViewNX " software that was supplied with the camera, Its certainly a safer bet than Picasa.

Apart from being capable of doing the jobs you mention, It also provides you with access to " Picture Control " functions that are only available via a Nikon Software....!

TIP! Even if you do have a copy of Nikon ViewNX on disc, You would be wise to download ( Free From Nikon ) a copy of the latest version of ViewNX, It has had a number of improvements added since the discs where shipped on disc......Smile
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2009 12:54PM
There is nothing wrong with using Picasa to view raw files and it doesn't do a bad job of basic raw conversion either. Certainly a good way to go if you are not sure about whether you want to use raw. I haven't used recent versions of ViewNX but at one time you had to pay for it.

The only time you run the risk of relinquishing copyright is if you publish the images to a Google web album and that isn't something you can do by accident (well not easily anyway).

Ian
strawman 11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2009 12:56PM

Quote:Just be careful of your use of any online services such as Picasa. You may be giving them then right to sell your work to someone else.
you can use Picasa without putting the images on line.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.