Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    somnathchatterjee

can any body tell me a free downloadable software to modify or crop a raw image? where can i found it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jun 2009 - 6:46 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

youmightlikethis
    youmightlikethis e2 Member 121015 forum postsyoumightlikethis vcard Scotland
    22 Jun 2009 - 6:58 AM

google picasa3

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2009 - 7:30 AM

And Gimp

brianquinn
    22 Jun 2009 - 7:38 AM

What camera do you use?bsite free of charge
    If it's a Canon, you can use DPP, which you can download from their website

Last Modified By brianquinn at 22 Jun 2009 - 7:40 AM
    somnathchatterjee

no i use nikon

AnthonyM
    AnthonyM  9388 forum posts United States2 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2009 - 10:42 AM

Just be careful of your use of any online services such as Picasa. You may be giving them then right to sell your work to someone else.
    I would guess that if you merely use the software and keep things on your own machine, you should be safe.

From their terms of service...

"11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services."

mbharris
    mbharris  632 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 Jun 2009 - 10:58 AM

Try Nikon view NX

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2009 - 12:46 PM

If your using a Nikon....I see your last upload was taken with a D300..!

You could try using the " Nikon ViewNX " software that was supplied with the camera, Its certainly a safer bet than Picasa.

Apart from being capable of doing the jobs you mention, It also provides you with access to " Picture Control " functions that are only available via a Nikon Software....!

TIP! Even if you do have a copy of Nikon ViewNX on disc, You would be wise to download ( Free From Nikon ) a copy of the latest version of ViewNX, It has had a number of improvements added since the discs where shipped on disc......Smile

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2009 - 12:54 PM

There is nothing wrong with using Picasa to view raw files and it doesn't do a bad job of basic raw conversion either. Certainly a good way to go if you are not sure about whether you want to use raw. I haven't used recent versions of ViewNX but at one time you had to pay for it.

The only time you run the risk of relinquishing copyright is if you publish the images to a Google web album and that isn't something you can do by accident (well not easily anyway).

Ian

strawman
    strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2009 - 12:56 PM

Quote: Just be careful of your use of any online services such as Picasa. You may be giving them then right to sell your work to someone else.

you can use Picasa without putting the images on line.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.