Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Software for D5300 raw files

JHFoto5 e2
1 36 England
24 Aug 2014 11:05PM
I am using Elements 11 and it does not accept raw file from my 5300, what software do I need ???

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam e2
6 4.9k
24 Aug 2014 11:21PM
You probably just need the software patch for your specific camera.

Every Nikon seems to have a slightly different RAW format so every time I buy a camera, I have to download the appropriate software from the Adobe site. A minor irritation but it's free.
AndS e2
2 978 England
24 Aug 2014 11:24PM
Try looking here should get you there with the latest DNG converter
cantona43 e2
9 915 4 England
24 Aug 2014 11:57PM
You could go to Nikons site and download their own software it is called Capture NX-D I find it to be good and easy to use also photoshop cc has support for your camera I know as I have the same camera and use cc as well
Neil
daibev e2
10 50 Wales
25 Aug 2014 8:39AM
I would go for Capture NX-D as well. It is a much better tool than the RAW editor in elements.
It will allow you to open the file in elements as a tif once you have applied the RAW adjustments.
The new version is now free, unlike NX2.

Lightroom is also very good.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
25 Aug 2014 11:13AM
You might also like to try these:

Raw Therapee

Lightzone

Both do a good job and are free.
26 Aug 2014 8:55AM
You have 2 options.
Either use Nikon NXD which is remarkably good for a free product, or buy more advanced software.
If you buy advanced software, as you do not have Lightroom or full PhotoShop both together cost about 108 a year (sometimes less on offer) including all updates on a 9 a month subscription. I think this is good value, at least in the first year, compared to paying more than half as much up front for Elements or Lightroom in isolation.
With the full PhotoShop/Lightroom package you do not have to be online to use it. Both sit on your hard drive and you can use them anytime as long as your subscription is current.
As a first step I suggest free NXD.
There is a steep initial learning curve with Lightroom finding out how to get images into the Lightroom catalogue, and full PhotoShop can take a long time to learn.
A downside of Lightroom/Photoshop is opening an image in Lightroom dumps most adjustments previously made in Nikon (or Canon) software unless you have previously separately saved as a TIFF/jpeg. You may have to repeat changes previously made in Lightroom.
26 Aug 2014 9:02AM

Quote:
You may have to repeat changes previously made in Lightroom.

CORECTION - this should be changes previously made in Nikon or a lot of other software.
JHFoto5 e2
1 36 England
5 Sep 2014 3:23PM
Sorted now I sold Elements 11 on Ebay and bought Elements 12 for the same amount....
15 Oct 2014 11:57PM
Shoot in RAW (.NEF) and use DxO Optics Pro.
Needs some work to learn , but after that. Best there is.
JHFoto5 e2
1 36 England
16 Oct 2014 10:18AM
I had a bargain with Elements 12 so I am OK now...........Smile
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
16 Oct 2014 12:57PM
When you say you sold PE 11 on eBay........hadn't you already used the licence?
JHFoto5 e2
1 36 England
16 Oct 2014 4:23PM
Of course but that make no difference to the buyer. What happens if you have to change your computer so yes the license is transferable
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
16 Oct 2014 9:46PM
If you sell second hand Adobe software you need to get a Licence Transfer from Adobe.
JHFoto5 e2
1 36 England
16 Oct 2014 10:22PM
If you say so........................Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.