Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Software for D5300 raw files

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JHFoto5
    24 Aug 2014 - 11:05 PM

I am using Elements 11 and it does not accept raw file from my 5300, what software do I need ???

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Aug 2014 - 11:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
    24 Aug 2014 - 11:21 PM

You probably just need the software patch for your specific camera.

Every Nikon seems to have a slightly different RAW format so every time I buy a camera, I have to download the appropriate software from the Adobe site. A minor irritation but it's free.

AndS
    AndS e2 Member 2855 forum postsAndS vcard England
    24 Aug 2014 - 11:24 PM

Try looking here should get you there with the latest DNG converter

Last Modified By AndS at 24 Aug 2014 - 11:25 PM
    cantona43
    cantona43 e2 Member 9885 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Aug 2014 - 11:57 PM

You could go to Nikons site and download their own software it is called Capture NX-D I find it to be good and easy to use also photoshop cc has support for your camera I know as I have the same camera and use cc as well
    Neil

Last Modified By cantona43 at 24 Aug 2014 - 11:59 PM
    daibev
    daibev e2 Member 1042 forum postsdaibev vcard Wales
    25 Aug 2014 - 8:39 AM

I would go for Capture NX-D as well. It is a much better tool than the RAW editor in elements.
    It will allow you to open the file in elements as a tif once you have applied the RAW adjustments.
    The new version is now free, unlike NX2.

Lightroom is also very good.

Jestertheclown
    25 Aug 2014 - 11:13 AM

You might also like to try these:

Raw Therapee

Lightzone

Both do a good job and are free.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62481 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    26 Aug 2014 - 8:55 AM

You have 2 options.
    Either use Nikon NXD which is remarkably good for a free product, or buy more advanced software.
    If you buy advanced software, as you do not have Lightroom or full PhotoShop both together cost about £108 a year (sometimes less on offer) including all updates on a £9 a month subscription. I think this is good value, at least in the first year, compared to paying more than half as much up front for Elements or Lightroom in isolation.
    With the full PhotoShop/Lightroom package you do not have to be online to use it. Both sit on your hard drive and you can use them anytime as long as your subscription is current.
    As a first step I suggest free NXD.
    There is a steep initial learning curve with Lightroom finding out how to get images into the Lightroom catalogue, and full PhotoShop can take a long time to learn.
    A downside of Lightroom/Photoshop is opening an image in Lightroom dumps most adjustments previously made in Nikon (or Canon) software unless you have previously separately saved as a TIFF/jpeg. You may have to repeat changes previously made in Lightroom.

Last Modified By LenShepherd at 26 Aug 2014 - 9:00 AM
    LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62481 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    26 Aug 2014 - 9:02 AM

Quote:
    You may have to repeat changes previously made in Lightroom.

CORECTION - this should be changes previously made in Nikon or a lot of other software.

JHFoto5
    5 Sep 2014 - 3:23 PM

Sorted now I sold Elements 11 on Ebay and bought Elements 12 for the same amount....

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.