Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Solar Eclipse - ISS Transit!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jan 2011 - 9:44 AM

Morning all,

Some chap caught a stunning image of the partial solar eclipse yesterday - and managed to catch the international space station transiting the solar disk! It only took 0.86 seconds to cross the disk of the sun:Link to Photo

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Jan 2011 - 9:44 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1022898 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jan 2011 - 10:17 AM

Inflippincredible

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73840 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jan 2011 - 10:26 AM

Ties in nicely with the thread running on Stargazing live - they did a feature on observing the sun. Tho its probably a reflection on the times and on my synical nature, the word "Photoshop" came to mind.

Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jan 2011 - 10:30 AM

Mine too Nick to be honest - though modern software can predict the location of the ISS from any point on Earth (have a look at Heavensabove.com) - I would like to think its genuine!!

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73840 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jan 2011 - 10:43 AM

Yes I'm sure it is kosha, if the can predict to the second an eclipse decades in the future (as discussed last night on Stargazzing) they can also predict the exact time of the orbit of the sace station, but i'm still a synical old b****** Wink

triumphv8
    triumphv8  7450 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jan 2011 - 12:14 PM

Checked the website given and it does give detailed times of when the ISS crosses the Sun - and it does so frequently if in Oman where the picture was taken.

Can't backdate it though to check if it was there yesterday morning but seems likely.

Last Modified By triumphv8 at 5 Jan 2011 - 12:14 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.