Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Solar Eclipse - ISS Transit!

Nigeyboy e2
6 537 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2011 9:44AM
Morning all,

Some chap caught a stunning image of the partial solar eclipse yesterday - and managed to catch the international space station transiting the solar disk! It only took 0.86 seconds to cross the disk of the sun: Link to Photo

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
5 Jan 2011 10:17AM
Inflippincredible
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
5 Jan 2011 10:26AM
Ties in nicely with the thread running on Stargazing live - they did a feature on observing the sun. Tho its probably a reflection on the times and on my synical nature, the word "Photoshop" came to mind.
Nigeyboy e2
6 537 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2011 10:30AM
Mine too Nick to be honest - though modern software can predict the location of the ISS from any point on Earth (have a look at Heavensabove.com) - I would like to think its genuine!!
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
5 Jan 2011 10:43AM
Yes I'm sure it is kosha, if the can predict to the second an eclipse decades in the future (as discussed last night on Stargazzing) they can also predict the exact time of the orbit of the sace station, but i'm still a synical old b****** Wink
triumphv8 7 453 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2011 12:14PM
Checked the website given and it does give detailed times of when the ISS crosses the Sun - and it does so frequently if in Oman where the picture was taken.

Can't backdate it though to check if it was there yesterday morning but seems likely.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.