Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Something In The Air

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
spaceman
spaceman  105159 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
21 Feb 2011 - 8:27 PM

Gadhafi now appears to have gone the way of Mubarak, albeit with a lot more blood in his wake, and the revolutionary fervour is now spreading across, and beyond, the Middle East - there are even rumblings in China. Here is a brief round-up of these momentous events. Interesting times indeed.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Feb 2011 - 8:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014210 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Feb 2011 - 9:09 PM

Indeed they are interesting times. How long can people be downtrodden, starved, and left without hope before they turn and fight back; take what is rightfully theirs. I just hope that the people of these countries recover the billions of dollars of their countries' money that has been stolen by these despots and their minions. It will be interesting to see how many of them get brought to trial for their crimes against their own people. The people of these countries have been pushed into a corner; trapped, and now they are ready to destroy the real enemy in their lives, their leaders. Maybe this will lead to peace between the Arab nations and Israel.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
21 Feb 2011 - 9:14 PM

It's not a coincidence and nothing to do with downtrodden people.

The international vested interests have decided to ring the changes - that's all; they are tired of Mubarrak, Gaddaffi and similar. If we could dig deep enough we would see who has facilitated these 'popular revolts' - and we'd probably be in deep trouble as well!

StrayCat
21 Feb 2011 - 9:20 PM

Piers Morgan will discover all.Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
21 Feb 2011 - 9:27 PM

Quote: Piers Morgan will discover all.Wink

It would probably be the last thing he ever discovers! Lol! Grin

wrinkles
wrinkles e2 Member 5338 forum postswrinkles vcard United Kingdom
21 Feb 2011 - 9:27 PM

Does Britain need to watch it's back!Sad

Carabosse
21 Feb 2011 - 9:47 PM

Quote: Does Britain need to watch it's back!Sad

Ever since we decided to be international policemen to the world we have had to watch our back!

dcash29
dcash29  81870 forum posts England
21 Feb 2011 - 10:11 PM

Its sickening that we have a finger in every pie.

Plus id say 'Dangerous Times' not interesting

franken
franken e2 Member 112919 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
21 Feb 2011 - 10:25 PM

I can't see much of a change in China to be honest. They are used to and prepared for situations like this.

remember this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

Ken

StrayCat
21 Feb 2011 - 10:33 PM

Pete introduced V5.0 just in time. He has his finger on the pulse of the people.Wink

Alan_Warriner
21 Feb 2011 - 10:57 PM

Quote: Pete introduced V5.0 just in time. He has his finger on the pulse of the people

Beware, the downtrodden NonE2 will rise up in revolt

Carabosse
21 Feb 2011 - 11:36 PM

Quote:
Beware, the downtrodden NonE2 will rise up in revolt

Pete has virtual water cannons tucked away to deal with any such eventuality! Grin

Alan_Warriner
22 Feb 2011 - 12:16 AM

Quote: Pete has virtual water cannons tucked away to deal with any such eventuality

The Silvio Berlusconi of the photography world

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
22 Feb 2011 - 7:07 AM

China is just a diversion, all eyes should be on Iran. This runs deeper than a few 'people riots', and how easy they were to start given their source of initital communication should be a major concern of all governments.

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 22 Feb 2011 - 7:08 AM
pabloisme
pabloisme  3565 forum posts England
22 Feb 2011 - 9:14 AM

we are lucky on IRAN at least bush's dad didnt screw up there by stopping in the first gulf charade
! and we dont have to go in again, afghanistan we didnt win last time the ruskies threw trilloins and lots of good me at the problem & it's still there,

Its bad enough that the USA have an atomic weapon, they have a shoot & them all LET GOD sort it! attitude..... IF you have served with them you know its usually the "friendly fire that kills the toms" now we have all and sundry with NO regard for life (even their own!) screwing the world it's a good job I am old! and only have a few years to be very afraid..........

well at least you know the UK government will be wringing deals to line their empty pockets (we took back some of their bunce in the expenses frauds!) did anybody think sending a mass murderer back to Libya was a FREE gesture, like for NO money? I see davey boy is in the mid east greasing palms as I write..... the world is still a fecking bag of poo.....

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.