Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

sony a33 video on monitor?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    peter_boyle
    22 Jan 2013 - 8:00 PM

HI
    this maybe a really noobish question, I am using my a33 as a video camera for some up close painting work, i need to keep what im working on within frame, but it is difficult to see as even with the lcd screen flipped out the bulk of the camera is in the way. Is there a way that i could hook the camera upto an lcd screen of tv to see what is being recorded in live time?
    thanks
    Pete

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jan 2013 - 8:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GazzaG2003
    GazzaG2003  11252 forum posts England
    22 Jan 2013 - 10:10 PM

when in the field i use my canon 7D and 600D for recording macro etc with a liliput monitor conected via the HDMI sockets also works for my 42" TV before HDMI i use to use my canon 40D connected to the TV via the video socket for indoor shots (stills).

justin c
    justin c  104512 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 10:35 PM

I'm not familiar with the A33 but I would be surprised if you couldn't. I use a 42" LCD television and sometimes a 24" computer monitor as an external monitor with my 7D and 5DII for video. It works superbly and is particularly beneficial for getting the composition and focus spot on, not to mention the usefulness of having a large histogram to fine tune the exposure.
    Try it and see. It's normally an HDMI cable with mini HDMI connector at one end and a standard sized one at the other.

Last Modified By justin c at 22 Jan 2013 - 10:38 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.