Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

sony a350 lens

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    pepperpot
    pepperpot  8
    23 Apr 2013 - 3:32 PM

could anyone help us we are trying to find more info about wot lens to get
    we have 70 too 300 sigma but we would like to get a telephoto lens up to 600mm don.t know wot ones to get the the cheaps one
    please can anyone help
    many thank s
    john

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Apr 2013 - 3:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SteveHunter
    23 Apr 2013 - 4:22 PM

I think you might struggle to get up to 600mm, I can't actually find a Sony fit lens that is that long. I'm sure one probably exists just not sure I'm looking in the right place.

Value for money wise I think you would probably have to stick with Sigma and go for something like the Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM which retails new at about 750.00.

Lenses get very expensive when you start going for really long Zooms.

pablophotographer

I am sure there would be a physical photo store in Cardiff, I'd go there with teh camera and that lens and would enquire about a teleconverter. That wouldn't break the bank as a very long zoom lens woyuld do. In fact with the change you can buy an ice-cream (shop).

franken
    franken e2 Member 113056 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Apr 2013 - 6:20 PM

I've purchased several cameras and lenses from the Camera Centre in Cardiff city centre.

here's a link to their site and Sony lenses and sony fit lenses if its any help to you?

http://www.cameracentreuk.com/p0/a-mount/377.htm

Ken

Last Modified By franken at 23 Apr 2013 - 6:21 PM
    pepperpot
    pepperpot  8
    23 Apr 2013 - 7:05 PM

Great thanks for the replys..

John

Steppenwolf
    24 Apr 2013 - 8:31 AM

There are two long lenses that are both cheap and good quality - the Minolta 100-400mm APO and the Minolta/Sony 500mm f8 reflex. These both deliver very high quality images. They're cheap because they're relatively small aperture - which is less of a problem nowadays with modern AF systems and high sensitivity sensors. They each cost between 300 and 400 on ebay or dyxum. You won't find a 600mm for sensible money. The cheapest way of doing this (and getting decent quality) is a Minolta 300mm f2.8 with the matching 2X TC, but this won't leave much change from 2000.

I'd steer clear of Sigma stuff on Sony DSLR/SLTs - see the Dyxum lens guide for why. Another possible is the Tamron 200-500mm which is more expensive and harder to find - also pretty big.

Mirror

Last Modified By Steppenwolf at 24 Apr 2013 - 8:37 AM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.