Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sony A580 problem

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    davidsony580
    24 Aug 2011 - 8:02 PM

Hi there,
    I am an enthusiastic photographer and am an ardent fan of SLR format being on my 5th model over a number of years. My apologies if this subject has been covered before but this is my first visit
    My Sony A580 is a great camera but recently I have had trouble with the video/movie format. Having taken a video for a short time ( maybe 5mins) andstopped it, then switched to stills again; if I stop taking photos for few mins. the videos seems to start play-back without any action from me.
    A retailer has suggested it could be the SD card I am using; they may be right but I am unconvinced.
    Any suggestions.
    david.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Aug 2011 - 8:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Kruger01
    Kruger01 e2 Member 6Kruger01 vcard United Kingdom
    29 Aug 2011 - 8:43 PM

Got this from a review,

The A580 can record 1080i HD 1920 x 1280 pixel movies at either 25fps (PAL) or 30fps (NTSC) in the AVCHD format, or 1440 x 1080 pixels at 25fps in the MPEG-4 format, useful as this format can currently be shared more easily. There's also a 640 x 480 VGA mode at 25fps. There's a limitation of up to 29 minutes, or 9 minutes if SteadyShot is turned on, for the AVCHD format, and a 2Gb file size for MP4 video. Stereo sound is recorded during video capture, and you can fit an optional external stereo microphone to further improve the quality. The HDMI port allows you to connect the A580 to a high-def TV set, but only if you purchase the optional HDMI mini-cable. Unlike the Sony A55 / A33 models, auto-focusing is not possible during movie recording, and just like those cameras, you can't change the shutter speed or aperture during recording either. On the plus side, exposure compensation, creative styles, white balance, AF area and metering mode all apply equally to stills and moving images.

Have you read your manual?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.