Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sony A750 leaks

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Snapper_T
    Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
    4 Nov 2009 - 11:15 PM

Well its that time again!

Starting to pick up threads on an A750 14mp FF:
    here
    and here

Could be intersting times for those wanting FF DSLR, like me.

Trev

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Nov 2009 - 11:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper_T
    4 Nov 2009 - 11:31 PM

Oh an here.

So I guess we'll see more over the coming weeks/months.

Personally, I think a model like this can work in the range, but how will it be pitched against the 850/900 with features and performance, price,noise, IQ etc. Let the rumours commence..

geoffrey baker
    geoffrey baker e2 Member 10496 forum postsgeoffrey baker vcard Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2009 - 12:01 AM

Surely it'll have a crop sensor?, the name A750 to me implies it's an upgrade to the A700 which is a crop sensor, makes sense to me anyway.

I hope it's on par with the Canon 7D or Nikon D300, that'll do me.
    I'm using the A350 at the moment and find I'm being held back by not being able to go higher than ISO 400 due to noise issues, and my 2.5 frames/second is of little use so I shoot single shot and have to focus with the centre focus point then re-compose as it's the only cross hair point I have to work with.

I've been waiting for this camera for a few years and hope my patience is going to be rewarded.
    Might be Sony's last chance to keep me using their cameras in it's not.
    Geoff.

Snapper_T
    5 Nov 2009 - 12:19 AM

There is much debate on crop of FF. To follow the model line than cropped would fit, but also for marketing a reduced res FF would also be very attractive.

This is another chance and good one I think, for Sony to build a camera answering issues from those invested in the brand.

Trev

strawman
    strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2009 - 12:22 AM

To be honest the A700 is a decent upgrade to the A350, the CMOS sensor gives much better high ISO performance than the CCD that Sony for some mystery saddled the lower A cameras with. It also packs in the faster frame rate.

The A700 sensor in an A300 body would have been a strong product in my view.

As for sensor I think a new crop cameras would make sense.

Last Modified By strawman at 5 Nov 2009 - 12:23 AM
    Snapper_T
    5 Nov 2009 - 10:34 AM

I'm still more than happy with my A700, just want improved high ISO performance, not worried about video or Live View but can see the attraction.

wrinkles
    wrinkles e2 Member 5345 forum postswrinkles vcard United Kingdom
    25 Nov 2009 - 9:34 PM

Should I buy the A700,my local Jessop's have what may be the last available or should I wait.

looboss
    looboss  73124 forum posts United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2009 - 9:53 PM

Hmmm that now makes 10 new models since I bought the brand new Sony A100, is it time to upgrade?
    make the new A750 under a grand and I might just do that Smile

RogBrown
    RogBrown  72996 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2009 - 10:43 PM

Well, despite being over the moon with most aspects of my A300, I really don't think Sony deserve to succeed. Out of all their models, there's not one that has both Live View and +/- 2 stops Autobracketing, which is what you need if you do a lot of HDR like me. Despite loads of requests in the Sony Forums, they have totally ignored their customers' needs. All it would take is a simple Firmware update for Gawds sake.

Photogeek
    Photogeek  9605 forum posts Wales6 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2009 - 10:54 PM

I think the biggest mistake a lot of camera manufacturers make is chasing feature count (and Sony are just as guilty as others) . . . while Autobracketing is a useful feature . . . it becomes less so when shooting RAW . . . and DRange optimisation again is only effective when shooting JPEG.

I just want a Camera with good noise performance at sensible (400-800) ISO . . . without having to use 4 or 5 different RAW converters to process different images to get the best result.

If I want live view I look through the viewfinder Grin, I have it on my A2 bridge camera, and while I do use it occasionally it's not really a must have feature . . . .

Nice to see the price falling on the A900 again . . . .Santa Baby . . .

strawman
    strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Nov 2009 - 7:23 AM

Quote: while Autobracketing is a useful feature . . . it becomes less so when shooting RAW . . .

Until you start shooting HDR and it becomes very handy, then you start to want say 5 shots 1 stop apart...

Liveview I thought was a waste of space, based on using compact cameras. But when I tried the version on my camera I found it was great for landscapes and macro work. being able to spot the lens down and check the Depth of field zoomed in for example is very good as is having a spot meter function you can place anywhere in the frame that is independent of focus point....

So me I am all for them adding features, sensibly.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.