Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sony Adapter

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mikehit
mikehit  56748 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jan 2013 - 9:05 AM

That's the same reason Canon give for making their lenses in white yet Nikon seem to manage perfectly well in black. Is it more marketing than reality?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Jan 2013 - 9:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41222 forum posts United Kingdom200 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jan 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's the kudos of owning a 'pro spec' lens. Look at me, I have a white coloured one, therefore my kit is better than yours. Years ago, Nikon had a gold band round the lens when special low-dispersion glass was introduced.

Personally, I think people should be less hung up on the gear they own and concentrate more on what they can achieve with what they have. In the same way as I have seen people with professional golf clubs top the ball along the ground down every fairway, and people driving top end sports cars at 45mph on a motorway, the differences between a lot of lenses is marginal and the way they are used is of far more consequence to the end result. There are plenty of great pictures produced with 'dog' equipment, and plenty of average pictures produced with the best. Very few people really push the boundaries of their lenses

Nick

Steppenwolf
12 Jan 2013 - 8:40 AM

Quote:
Personally, I think people should be less hung up on the gear they own and concentrate more on what they can achieve with what they have. In the same way as I have seen people with professional golf clubs top the ball along the ground down every fairway, and people driving top end sports cars at 45mph on a motorway

Some people get a kick out of the "gear" itself - and possibly the knowledge that, if their results are poor, at least it's not the equipment's fault. And I shouldn't think they give tuppence what you "personally think".

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41222 forum posts United Kingdom200 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2013 - 10:11 AM

It obviously matters to you, or you wouldn't be so rude and dismissive of other peoples' opinions.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.