Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

sony dslr a390 vs nikon d3000,

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    albinoni
    albinoni  6 United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jan 2011 - 8:44 PM

Hi,
    A friend just rang asking advice as to whether to buy a SonyA390 or NikonD3000.
    I'm sure they are both great cameras for the price, but I'm a Nikon fan and a bit bias
    For the most indecisive guy I know, hes done incredibly well making a decision to buy a camera and even better narrowing it down to 2 and after 6mths deliberating, hes finally ready to do the deed. Can anyone help with this final hurdle?
    Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Jan 2011 - 8:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jan 2011 - 9:04 PM

Don't buy either without taking a very close look at the Pentax K-x ......Smile

Its way better than the options you list, Plus its in the same price bracket......Grin

Just take a good look at the DXO ranking index, The Pentax K-x is mixing it with cameras costing several thousands of your hard earned....!!!

Sorry if that was not the answer you where looking for, But I have to tell it like it is.....Wink

Perhaps another 6 months of deliberating on the horizon....." Chuckle " ..Smile

Last Modified By cameracat at 5 Jan 2011 - 9:06 PM
    DarylH
    DarylH  442 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jan 2011 - 9:12 PM

Quote: Don't buy either without taking a very close look at the Pentax K-x ......Smile

Having been looking on behalf of my nephew, I would have to agree.
    But it does matter as to which would feel comfy in the hand.
    My wife has a Sony A230 and I can't cope with the small hand grip.

Hope that helps
    Daryl

htid
    htid  4 United Kingdom
    5 Jan 2011 - 9:34 PM

A second hand d5000 may also be something worth looking at? Sorry to throw something else into the mix as opposed to answering your question!

albinoni
    albinoni  6 United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2011 - 8:12 PM

Thanks guys - all good suggestions - I'm not sure they will help him though, as they will probably delay things for another 6mths lol. The DXO link is very intereseting and some of those camera prices - the Leaf Aptus75S for 33k usd seems a bargain - maybe EPZ will run a competition to win one Wink

richard978
    9 Jan 2011 - 8:49 PM

I'm in the same position as yourself, but I wasn't very impressed with the Sony. Lots of features but the quality of the images didn't compare with the Pentax Kr. Sony produced a lot of noice and was uncomfortable to hold.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.