Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

sony dslr a390 vs nikon d3000,

albinoni 6 6 1 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2011 8:44PM
Hi,
A friend just rang asking advice as to whether to buy a SonyA390 or NikonD3000.
I'm sure they are both great cameras for the price, but I'm a Nikon fan and a bit bias
For the most indecisive guy I know, hes done incredibly well making a decision to buy a camera and even better narrowing it down to 2 and after 6mths deliberating, hes finally ready to do the deed. Can anyone help with this final hurdle?
Cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
5 Jan 2011 9:04PM
Don't buy either without taking a very close look at the Pentax K-x ......Smile

Its way better than the options you list, Plus its in the same price bracket......Grin

Just take a good look at the DXO ranking index , The Pentax K-x is mixing it with cameras costing several thousands of your hard earned....!!!

Sorry if that was not the answer you where looking for, But I have to tell it like it is.....Wink

Perhaps another 6 months of deliberating on the horizon....." Chuckle " ..Smile
DarylH 4 42 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2011 9:12PM

Quote:Don't buy either without taking a very close look at the Pentax K-x ......Smile

Having been looking on behalf of my nephew, I would have to agree.
But it does matter as to which would feel comfy in the hand.
My wife has a Sony A230 and I can't cope with the small hand grip.

Hope that helps
Daryl
htid 4 12 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2011 9:34PM
A second hand d5000 may also be something worth looking at? Sorry to throw something else into the mix as opposed to answering your question!
albinoni 6 6 1 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2011 8:12PM
Thanks guys - all good suggestions - I'm not sure they will help him though, as they will probably delay things for another 6mths lol. The DXO link is very intereseting and some of those camera prices - the Leaf Aptus75S for 33k usd seems a bargain - maybe EPZ will run a competition to win one Wink
richard978 3 10
9 Jan 2011 8:49PM
I'm in the same position as yourself, but I wasn't very impressed with the Sony. Lots of features but the quality of the images didn't compare with the Pentax Kr. Sony produced a lot of noice and was uncomfortable to hold.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.