Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sony HX300 or Sony NEX-F3?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    antoniavramov
    28 Mar 2013 - 9:00 PM

Hi, guys. Please help me to choose!
    I am buying a new camera and narrowed it down to these two. Can anyone who has put their hands on both of the devices/or at least one of them/ suggest which one should I buy.
    I would go for both the 18-55mm Lens and the 55-200mm Lens on the NEX, but still, would it make it a better choice compared to the HX300?
    Thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Mar 2013 - 9:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pablophotographer

Hi, isn't HX300 Fujifilm model? The decision is yours but I think carrying less makes life easy, I have been in your situation and decided to go for the bridge camera (very small chances to have dust in sensor and fungi affecting your camera).

Nothern_Licht
    Nothern_Licht e2 Member 5Nothern_Licht vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Apr 2013 - 12:01 AM

Depends on what sort of things you will be photographing. On balance I personally would go for the NEX F3. The quality of image will be better. The HX300 is very versatile and you get a lot of camera for your money. Amateur photographer's summary was as follows: On paper, the HX300 is class-leading in many areas: its wide 50x optical zoom, high-resolution sensor, good EVF and rear tilt LCD. However, how a camera performs is what really matters. The first thing to note is that the HX300 handles really well - it slots perfectly into the hand, is lightweight and, importantly, its lens control is quick and easy and its stabilisation is excellent, enabling handheld use at telephoto settings.

As for image quality, the HX300 was always going to have its work cut out, what with its wide zoom and high resolution. Detail in any sensitivity setting above ISO 800 is not good. Luminance and chroma noise is evident at all the ISO settings too, although this is not unusual.

All in all, the HX300 handles beautifully, offers a versatile zoom and has a solid performance in bright light, but is less suitable in when light levels drop
    THe NEX 3 also allows you to put just about any lens ever made onto it which gives great versatility.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.