Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sony NEX range

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
26 Aug 2010 - 10:22 PM

Quote: There's nothing new in the pellicle camera but Sony are the first to market a digital pellicle camera. That's innovation.

LOL, Less innovative than using the pellicle mirror in a camera for the first time. Sorry I cannot see Sony copying a 65 Canon camera as innovation. I hope Canon do not follow as its a compromise solution on the way to having the AF sensor integrated into the sensor, then you can remove the mirror and get more light on the sensor. Also why have Sony not offered contrast AF as well? Making CMOS sensors work was much harder. Of course CMOS came out before, Ti I think. But it was brave to take it on

Of course m4/3 has more sensor noise, just like 35mm had more grain than medium format. The question is what is good enough for purpose. In a portable camera you may well sacrifice performance for portability. So once you adjust to the performance criterion you adjust what is acceptable. For me 6mp from a portable camera is enough so something the size of a G10 is fine as long as I have an SLR or equivalent. with a bit more evolution I can see 4/3 offering a perfectly acceptable output. But market share is so vital for costs of niche items. It is why people who need performance at the extremes go for Nikon and Canon.

LiveView it depends how you implement it. The 2nd sensor solution does not appeal to me, nor does holding the camera at arms length. But tripod mounted it works. Sensor cleaning, over rated as I never had much of a problem with a non-cleaning camera. High Def LCD, I would still say why, its like low profile tyres driven more by style than need Smile

I hope the A77 turns up for you. At the moment it is clear it either is not coming or it has hit a major problem as it must be getting on for a year late. No idea which.

Last Modified By strawman at 26 Aug 2010 - 10:24 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Aug 2010 - 10:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Thincat
Thincat  6616 forum posts
27 Aug 2010 - 8:56 AM

Quote:
I hope the A77 turns up for you. At the moment it is clear it either is not coming or it has hit a major problem as it must be getting on for a year late. No idea which.

You misunderstand. By A77 I mean an A55 with more controls on it. The A700 successor is promised for this year but I'll give it a miss.

Quote:
It is why people who need performance at the extremes go for Nikon and Canon.

Very amusing SM. It's the way you tell them.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.