Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

sony rx100 v oly pen

Steppenwolf 3 1.1k
22 Mar 2013 7:56AM

Quote:Thanks for replies just looking for something smaller than dslr would settle for g15 but have found g series is not the most user friendly camera out there. have powershot 220 which I like very much and and pl3 which are fine for street shots

Another option would be the Nikon V1 (now superseded and being sold off at about 280 with 10-30mm). This has the same sensor size as the RX100 but it's got interchangeable lenses and a good EVF - also has a lot of nice features and is made of alloy. I bought one of these a few months ago as a pocket camera and it's pretty impressive. Firmware updates have addressed the problems that early tests highlighted.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
22 Mar 2013 2:45PM
They had a few Nikon J1`s in amazon warehouse deals, there could be a few left.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
22 Mar 2013 2:53PM
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
28 Mar 2013 1:28AM
Not sure if your still deciding but I`ve been seeing second hand EP3`s going very cheap, seems everyone wants the latest and greatest, so there are plenty of good bargains around to be had.
5 Apr 2013 7:02AM
still on the search for the near perfect user friendly small camera might try lumix this time round

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.