Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Sony RX100 and RAW in LR4

Dabber 12 171 England
11 Sep 2013 1:35PM
I am keen to buy a new 'compact' to replace my Pana TZ20, but one of my 'must haves' is for it to able to shoot RAW.

With this in mind I have a colleague who has just bought a new Sony RX100 (but only shoots jpgs)

However, I managed to persuade him to let me borrow it for a day to put through its paces.
I set it for RAW and off I went, I took a good variety of shots and was keen to get stuck into processing the images.

Unfortunately when I imported into LR4 and went into develop, the options available were the ones that I normally see for jpgs.

Is anyone using this combination Sony RX100(RAW)/LR4 and processing with the RAW options?

If so what do you think I'm doing wrong?

As ever thanks in advance if you are able to help.

Dabber

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Dave_Canon 8 940 United Kingdom
11 Sep 2013 2:47PM
If you check on the Adobe website, you will find that the RX100 Raw is supported in Lightroom from V4.2. I am also running LR4 but my version is 4.4. Check and see if you have kept your LR up to date; it will not cost you anything to update to V4.4, if you have an earlier version of LR4.

Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.