Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Sorry!!!!!!!!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

TTT
TTT  12559 forum posts Germany
27 Jun 2010 - 6:07 PM

We beat you 4-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it was a good game on both sides..........

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jun 2010 - 6:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sut68
sut68 e2 Member 111998 forum postssut68 vcard England76 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2010 - 6:09 PM

Quote: but it was a good game on both sides

You were obviously watching a different England team to me then Wink

Good luck for the next round though.

minicooper
27 Jun 2010 - 6:13 PM

The better team won

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2010 - 6:19 PM

Quote: The better team won

Germany was the only team to turn up.

Well deserved win. Good luck to those who wear their shirt with pride.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96092 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2010 - 6:23 PM

No need to be sorry - I'm now out of the EPZ Sweepstake and have thereby managed to avoid the prize of a mangy old sandwich from the back of TJ's desk drawer....... lucky escape if you ask me Smile

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
27 Jun 2010 - 6:25 PM

Quote: but it was a good game on both sides..........

No! we were big time rubbish. Nearly as bad as that blind linesman (although in truth the result would almost certainly have been the same if he could spot the bleeding obvious) and the corrupt arse that is Sepp Blatter.

Good luck in the next round (you will need it) but I will be blowing my (virtual) vuvuzela for Ghana in the next round.

wrinkles
wrinkles e2 Member 5351 forum postswrinkles vcard United Kingdom
27 Jun 2010 - 6:42 PM

That was never England?Sad

dcash29
dcash29  91914 forum posts England
27 Jun 2010 - 6:56 PM

Quote: That was never England?

Certainly was, Over Hyped, Over paid & always under perform

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2010 - 7:09 PM

A while ago I started a thread here commenting on the fact that in a certain premier match about two the players was English by birth.

here

The overwhelming response I got was a preference to see the skill of teams made up of Continental players, rather than clubs comprising home grown mediocre players.

That there was no interest in an England team.

Well, you reap what you sow.

Stop moaning.

Last Modified By Just Jas at 27 Jun 2010 - 7:21 PM
steve_p
steve_p  91098 forum posts England
27 Jun 2010 - 7:14 PM

How many times will 1966 be mentioned now! The pundits say the players produce week after week in our premier league, maybe they do but it shows how poor our premier league is. You only have to see how often an English team wins in European competitions.

At 12 Oclock this lunch time I said to my wife I thought I might waste 2 hours this afternoon- I hoped I would be proved wrong but no!

I just hope the morons who call themselves English fans in this country dont take it out on people here who run German cars!!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2010 - 9:06 PM

Quote: Over Hyped, Over paid & always under perform

Sum it up really.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2010 - 9:09 PM

Quote: Over Hyped, Over paid & always under perform

Funny thats what my wife just said to me.

jonah794
jonah794  51723 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2010 - 9:18 PM

It really was a bit of a failure. The England team had too much pressure, too much money and too much self-belief. All these people thought England were going to win! Lunatics! Germany were clearly the better side - England hopeless, and I think a few lessons need to be learnt, there was so much that was done wrong. My sweepstake team South Korea, from school, are probably better! Wink

LensYews
LensYews  51309 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2010 - 9:43 PM

Quote: A while ago I started a thread here commenting on the fact that in a certain premier match about two the players was English by birth.

here

The overwhelming response I got was a preference to see the skill of teams made up of Continental players, rather than clubs comprising home grown mediocre players.

That there was no interest in an England team.

Well, you reap what you sow.

Stop moaning.

Still the same for me, give me club football any day. The basic problem being with the schools and they way the teach the sport. Most of the techniques need to start being developed at an early age, developed by the local team, matured by a league side and give opportunity to florish at the highest levels. At the moment all four elements in that chain are broken, so clubs will be buying in players for a long time to come. Fans of the national team will continue to relive this hope/collapse of hope every two years as in reality the National side are third rate, and however good the manager (and Capello is very good) is they won't be able to fashion championship sides from the likes of Defoe, Heskey, Upson, James, etc. Their best bet is probably to retire the senior players an build a team from the under 21s who can work together and above all find some real goal scoring forwards. By the next world cup they could standard a chance of getting to the quarter finals.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2010 - 10:14 PM

That was half the problem. They didn't seem to know each other's strengths and capabilities let alone play as a team. What's the point of bringing a bunch of club-based individuals together and hoping they're going to act as a well oiled machine on the field. Hopeless.

They were all over the place. Vast deserts of space that the German team could exploit, and very little reading of the ball by England.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.