Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Sorry!!!!!!!!!

TTT e2
13 559 Germany
27 Jun 2010 6:07PM
We beat you 4-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it was a good game on both sides..........

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sut68 11 2.0k 76 England
27 Jun 2010 6:09PM

Quote:but it was a good game on both sides

You were obviously watching a different England team to me then Wink

Good luck for the next round though.
27 Jun 2010 6:13PM
The better team won
Toonman e2
7 1.4k 2 England
27 Jun 2010 6:19PM

Quote:The better team won

Germany was the only team to turn up.

Well deserved win. Good luck to those who wear their shirt with pride.
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
27 Jun 2010 6:23PM
No need to be sorry - I'm now out of the EPZ Sweepstake and have thereby managed to avoid the prize of a mangy old sandwich from the back of TJ's desk drawer....... lucky escape if you ask me Smile
cambirder e2
10 7.2k England
27 Jun 2010 6:25PM

Quote:but it was a good game on both sides..........

No! we were big time rubbish. Nearly as bad as that blind linesman (although in truth the result would almost certainly have been the same if he could spot the bleeding obvious) and the corrupt arse that is Sepp Blatter.

Good luck in the next round (you will need it) but I will be blowing my (virtual) vuvuzela for Ghana in the next round.
wrinkles e2
6 351 United Kingdom
27 Jun 2010 6:42PM
That was never England?Sad
dcash29 e2
9 2.0k England
27 Jun 2010 6:56PM

Quote:That was never England?

Certainly was, Over Hyped, Over paid & always under perform
27 Jun 2010 7:09PM
A while ago I started a thread here commenting on the fact that in a certain premier match about two the players was English by birth.

here

The overwhelming response I got was a preference to see the skill of teams made up of Continental players, rather than clubs comprising home grown mediocre players.

That there was no interest in an England team.

Well, you reap what you sow.

Stop moaning.
steve_p 9 1.1k England
27 Jun 2010 7:14PM
How many times will 1966 be mentioned now! The pundits say the players produce week after week in our premier league, maybe they do but it shows how poor our premier league is. You only have to see how often an English team wins in European competitions.

At 12 Oclock this lunch time I said to my wife I thought I might waste 2 hours this afternoon- I hoped I would be proved wrong but no!

I just hope the morons who call themselves English fans in this country dont take it out on people here who run German cars!!
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
27 Jun 2010 9:06PM

Quote:Over Hyped, Over paid & always under perform

Sum it up really.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
27 Jun 2010 9:09PM

Quote:Over Hyped, Over paid & always under perform

Funny thats what my wife just said to me.
jonah794 e2
5 1.7k 11 United Kingdom
27 Jun 2010 9:18PM
It really was a bit of a failure. The England team had too much pressure, too much money and too much self-belief. All these people thought England were going to win! Lunatics! Germany were clearly the better side - England hopeless, and I think a few lessons need to be learnt, there was so much that was done wrong. My sweepstake team South Korea, from school, are probably better! Wink
LensYews e2
6 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
27 Jun 2010 9:43PM

Quote:A while ago I started a thread here commenting on the fact that in a certain premier match about two the players was English by birth.

here

The overwhelming response I got was a preference to see the skill of teams made up of Continental players, rather than clubs comprising home grown mediocre players.

That there was no interest in an England team.

Well, you reap what you sow.

Stop moaning.

Still the same for me, give me club football any day. The basic problem being with the schools and they way the teach the sport. Most of the techniques need to start being developed at an early age, developed by the local team, matured by a league side and give opportunity to florish at the highest levels. At the moment all four elements in that chain are broken, so clubs will be buying in players for a long time to come. Fans of the national team will continue to relive this hope/collapse of hope every two years as in reality the National side are third rate, and however good the manager (and Capello is very good) is they won't be able to fashion championship sides from the likes of Defoe, Heskey, Upson, James, etc. Their best bet is probably to retire the senior players an build a team from the under 21s who can work together and above all find some real goal scoring forwards. By the next world cup they could standard a chance of getting to the quarter finals.
SuziBlue e2
12 16.2k 10 Scotland
27 Jun 2010 10:14PM
That was half the problem. They didn't seem to know each other's strengths and capabilities let alone play as a team. What's the point of bringing a bunch of club-based individuals together and hoping they're going to act as a well oiled machine on the field. Hopeless.

They were all over the place. Vast deserts of space that the German team could exploit, and very little reading of the ball by England.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.